What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
saholz said:
Faster processor, better resolution, improved camera. Not a game changer, but enough improvements for me to order one.

Ditto. Not to mention 4G. I'm keeping my iPad 2 as a back-up/loaner/project pad.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
YEAH!!!!!!!!!

My iPad has finally shipped. The status just changed to shipped and I can not track it via FedEx tracking number. FedEx still doesn't have any info for the tracking number yet. I checked 2 hours ago and it still was saying order being processed.

The Apple TV still says processing order.

Last edited:

Patrick9654

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As of this point in time mine says "preparing for shipment" to be delivered om Mar 16, but it does not give me a confirmation number.

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
As of this point in time mine says "preparing for shipment" to be delivered om Mar 16, but it does not give me a confirmation number.

They probably have boxed it up and got is ready for shipping but fedex has not picked it up. When they pick it up i think is when you get the tracking number.

Mtnmedic

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MikesTooLz said:
They probably have boxed it up and got is ready for shipping but fedex has not picked it up. When they pick it up i think is when you get the tracking number.

Exactly that.

Michael "Spam, spam, bacon, eggs and spam. Hold the bacon and eggs." Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Nightstar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lets see...

The order:
Black/64GB/Verizon/Nothing else.
Order on the 7 About 2.3 hours after Presentation.
Was shipped on the 3/11 from Ontario, CA by Fed Ex.
Rough distance about 1.5 hours from me. And about 30 minutes from the local Fed Ex hub.

It took a while to go from "Processing Items" to "preparing for shipment". From that to "Shipped" was super quick.

I hope they put them in a safe spot till they place them gently (toss) them on the truck Friday! Esp since it the size of a football... Could see a roll out maybe Thursday. Else in my area could really be like a Christmas season shipping style.

Have a question: I have a still going strong iPad 1 with the Apple rubber case that worked darn well. Need a case for my new friend. Thinking of the Smart Cover for the front but looking at the stick on "Do your own Design" back covers. Any good ones out there?

Last edited:

Nikki86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just received my "item shipped" email from Apple around 5:30 pm today. I pre-ordered my iPad on launch day (3/7) around 5:00 pm. I'm excited!

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brandonhd said:
Mine is in Middletown, PA too. I would get it tomorrow if it didn't have future delivery requested.

Mine too, just 2hrs away from me

Vishal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AlxiPad said:
Who is upgrading from an IPad 2 here and why?

Just interested as I am an iPad 2 user who wasn't sold on this update.

Sent from my 32GB WiFi + 3G iPad 2

I am upgrading from ipad2, I sold it a month ago because I knew there is gonna be retina display and I desperately wanted it.

vsstanton

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, finally received my email at 3am. Shipped from china....delivery date 3/16. Purchased day after launch, Thursday at 10 am!

b00bie

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This information came from an article on CultOfMAC this morning

If you’re one of many lucky pre-orderers, your new Retina Display iPad may already have been shipped off from Apple’s factories in China and may, in fact, be sitting in your own state, waiting for delivery. We know ours is.

If so, you might think that there’s a strong possibility that your new iPad will come sooner than Friday, March 16th. Fat chance.

We’ve heard a few reports from readers who have contacted their local shipping agent, asking when they can expect their new iPads to be delivered. These readers all have new iPads that are already sitting waiting for delivery in their home states.

Unfortunately, even though the iPads may be located just a few miles away, shipping carriers like FedEx are powerless to deliver them. Why?

Because Apple has the new iPads locked up in their own private 18-wheeler trucks. These trucks are on FedEx property, and entered into FedEx’s system, but FedEx has been told that Apple will not unlock these trucks until Thursday evening.

In other words, if you’re counting on having your new iPad slip through the cracks, there’s little chance of that. With the new iPad, Apple is taking a tighter rein on the delivery process than ever. I wonder if by the fourth-gen iPad, Apple employees will be delivering it to you themselves.

Looks like it definitely will be Friday :(

Last edited:

Most reactions