What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who is getting their 3 first?!

Sewso

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My order went in on 3/7, but still shows "Preparing for Shipment" with a 3/16 delivery date. (Black, 32GB, WiFi only.) I would expect that status to change soon since the delivery date hasn't yet been pushed back.

Same here, ordered on 3/7 , keeps showing "Preparing for Shipment" (Black, 32GB, WiFi only) 3/16 delivery date.

lrstyle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Shipping/Delivery Status/Condition (new ipad 3rd gen)

I think there may be a few factors based on when one's new ipad will arrive.

1. Date/time of purchase: I was successfully able to place my order from work at 5:30pm est on March 7th after trying for hrs with timeout notifications. My wife was also trying to do the same from home where whoever placed the order would notify the other so we don't end up making two purchases. If you gave up and waited a day or two due to the frustrating lag, then yours might end up arriving on March 19th. I'm noticing today that if you're now getting around the placing a pre-order, its a 2-3 week wait. I would rather camp-out at a store.

2. Type/Specs: My order was for a 64GB Wi-Fi black new ipad. Not sure what the trend is, but I assume most purchased a 16 or 32 gb device; whether it was only Wi-Fi or Wi-Fi + 4G LTE.

3. Color: I simply believe most orders were for a black device since to me it simply looks better & cleaner. Kinda like having stainless steel appliances with a black top such as a stove.

4. Network: AT&T seems to have ran out quickly, faster than Verizon.

5. Location: I'm noticing a trend of our devices being held at FedEx shipping locations closest to their home. Mine, for example, is being held in Middletown, PA with details indicating "future delivery requested"...BOOOOOO. I can drive there in less than 2hrs.

6. Courier: My device is being delivered to my job (NYC - Manhattan). I just called the mailroom and they said FedEX normally delivered all items at 11am. If there is anything left over, they will deliver again at 3:30pm.

This is all my hypothesis...no true research involved. Anyway, just like many, if not all, of us, I am extremely excited and hope mine truly arrives on March 16th...early.

gravious

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hopefully before Friday...

Purchased mine (64GB white wifi) on the day they announced them...hoping that it gets delivered before the 16th...but not holding my breath. :) I think i officially qualify as an apple fanboy now... -.- I've been looking and looking for cases and found this one ...Anyone else found any better ones? I want the perfect case as i have a young daughter and would like for this one to NOT get dropped like my last one. :)

ChewyDucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine on the tenth, I live in London. Mine won't arrive until the 3rd April. Did I order too late or is there another reason it will be so late? I ordered it with a SmartCover if that makes a difference.

Plus, how long should it be 'processing' for? It still is!!

*In case you weren't aware:

a) This is my first iPad (or any Apple product, for that matter)

b) I am VERY excited.

Last edited:

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordered mine on the tenth, I live in London. Mine won't arrive until the 3rd April. Did I order too late or is there another reason it will be so late? I ordered it with a SmartCover if that makes a difference.

Plus, how long should it be 'processing' for? It still is!!

The 10th was pretty late to get in on the first round of pre-orders. I read about delays by then, especially in Europe. You'll stay in "processing" until they're ready to ship now. The Smart Cover has nothing to do with it. If the UK Apple Store is like the Canadian one, the Smart Cover comes separately. When I scored my iPad 2 last year, my Smart Cover arrived about 2 weeks before the iPad.

Last edited:

ChewyDucker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The 10th was pretty late to get in on the first round of pre-orders. I read about delays by then, especially in Europe. You'll stay in "processing" until they're ready to ship now. The Smart Cover has nothing to do with it. If the UK Apple Store is like the Canadian one, the Smart Cover comes separately. When I scored my iPad 2 last year, my Smart Cover arrived about 2 weeks before the iPad.

O.K, thanks. There isn't any chance it will arrive early, is there? And the engraving won't affect it, will it?

Last edited:

PommeDeSang

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Says mine was picked up in Nashville and I will get it tomorrow. Hope so since my 2 has been sold.

celly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
O.K, thanks. There isn't any chance it will arrive early, is there? And the engraving won't affect it, will it?

Unlike all of us that did get their orders in time to get our iPads on the 16th, you might get yours earlier than planned. My iPad 2 (not pre-ordered) and my iPhone 4s (same) came a bit earlier than planned. Apple won't allow any iPad 3 stock to be delivered before the 16th.

Lots of threads about engraving. Doesn't seem to slow down the order.

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Finally,after 41/2 days I received my shipping notification!!! I'm still expecting delivery on Friday.

Last edited:

norfolk_yid

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ordered 8/3 7.00am, shipped on 10/3.

apple tracking page says UPS is the courier but the UPS tracking page doesn't recognise my tracking number. is this normal?

Most reactions

Latest posts