What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which keyboard do you prefer for your iPad?

jsh1120

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also picked up a Apple bluetooth keyboard at Best Buy last night. The keyboard and my iPad 2 look like they belong together. Thinking about this case iPad Travel Express - SFBags - WaterField Designs - iPad 2 for both.

I've been using SFBags products for years. They wear like iron and continue to look brand new after other bags have disintegrated. My laptop bag and inner sleeve (very much like the Travel Express iPad bag) have seen many thousands of travel and abuse and still look as good as the day I bought them.

Waterfield bags are expensive but they're a very good investment. And you're supporting folks in San Francisco who make them.

smokeygaday

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the Zaggmate case+keyboard and really like it. Granted, I've only had it for about 2 weeks, but I'd recommend it based on I've found so far. I was pleased to find when I received it that it carries the Logitech name. Not sure if that's only for the keyboard, but I always feel like they put out solid products. It's nice to have a cover and keyboard in one package.

Dieverdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting the Apple wireless keyboard. The Origami stand and case for it looks interesting too and doesn't look like it would take up much room in my bag (which is getting heavier all the time!) I think I've ruled out the iPad keyboard dock - it just doesn't seem as useful for what I want. What do you all have or are thinking if getting?

bettafan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use the Zaggmate wireless keyboard/case combo. LOVE IT! I can type and have many functions on the keyboard just like my iMac. Then, when I am through using my iPad 2, just turn it over (face down), put in the case and it is ready to go. You can carry it with the aluminum showing on both sides or put the Zaggmate with your iPad into another case. I use the Incase case, too, if I am traveling. The bluetooth was so quick to set up and then I am ready to go. I first bought an Apple wireless keyboard which works flawlessly, but I could not figure out how to take it with me easily. After I saw the Zaggmate case/keyboard and the reviews I bought one at Best Buy (they have the one for iPad original and iPad 2). Works great. Of course I like my Apple wireless keyboard and now use it with my iMac.

Dieverdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got shopping to do now!

Thanks Bettafan,
that video was particularly helpful. I was wondering if the zaggmate would work in Portrait mode and they said that it does. It does look like a nice option - but I'm a test-it-out and touch it and hold it kind of person - I want to see how they keyboard feels before I buy. But I really do like the way it works as a case as well - I was going to have to figure something out with the Apple keyboard - I'm kind of surprised that Apple didn't come up with something like this, to be honest.
I'll be running over to Best Buy soon to check it out, thanks!

Most reactions

Latest posts