What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which keyboard do you prefer for your iPad?

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Which keyboard do you prefer for your iPad 2? Apple's wireless or Bluetooth? Why?
Are there any other better options in the market?

OP
J

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gmaines said:
I got the Zagg 2, and I love it...

How long will your battery last if you use a Bluetooth keyboard like Zagg?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a folding Bluetooth keyboard - you can buy them from Amazon - and it's real small when folded and in its faux leather case. Very convenient for carrying around with the iPad - weighs next-to-nothing too. It has non-rechargeable batteries, but they last about a month of fairly intense use. The keyboard has some additional iPad specific keys - the Home button is useful - as well as cursor control keys.

Its small size means that it's no trouble to carry around with the iPad itself. The on-screen keyboard is fine for very occasional use but, if you're a touch typist, then it's no good for extended typing sessions. For that, the folding keyboard is great.

Tim

truth4skot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a zagg.I enjoy it alot. I don't everbused the screen keyboard at all !!!

OP
J

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I have a folding Bluetooth keyboard - you can buy them from Amazon - and it's real small when folded and in its faux leather case. Very convenient for carrying around with the iPad - weighs next-to-nothing too. It has non-rechargeable batteries, but they last about a month of fairly intense use. The keyboard has some additional iPad specific keys - the Home button is useful - as well as cursor control keys.

Its small size means that it's no trouble to carry around with the iPad itself. The on-screen keyboard is fine for very occasional use but, if you're a touch typist, then it's no good for extended typing sessions. For that, the folding keyboard is great.

Tim

Do you remember the brand?

autumnbaby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an original iPad but I really like my ZaggMate cover and keyboard combination. It protects the screen really well and I have not noticed any battery drainage issues (with either the keyboard or the iPad). I bought the ZaggMate in February and it is still on it's original charge.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Do you remember the brand?

Freedom BTFRICON Version 4.0 i-Connect Bluetooth Folding Keyboard for iPhone 4 / 3GS / 3G / iPad
by Freedom

I also have the iGo folding keyboard, but it's no longer made

Tim

OP
J

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
autumnbaby said:
I have an original iPad but I really like my ZaggMate cover and keyboard combination. It protects the screen really well and I have not noticed any battery drainage issues (with either the keyboard or the iPad). I bought the ZaggMate in February and it is still on it's original charge.

Zagg seems lime a really good keyboard but I got the iPad 2 for its lightness. Still not keen on the idea of lugging a keyboard (which is attached to my iPad) around :)

OP
J

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad 2 said:
Yeah, but that's the beauty of a bluetooth iPad keyboard. You always have the option to take it off. Plus, even if you do plan on lugging the Zaggmate round, it's aluminium just like the iPad so it's not even that heavy. How can something that only adds a quarter inch in size to your tablet weigh you down, really!

It just looks heavy :)

Rambler358

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the Apple wireless keyboard when I got my iPad2 at Best Buy. Works great with no lag at all, and it's pretty light and looks good.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
J

Joei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rambler358 said:
I got the Apple wireless keyboard when I got my iPad2 at Best Buy. Works great with no lag at all, and it's pretty light and looks good.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

I'm leaning towards getting that as well. Thanks!

I guess the next question would be a sleeve that could carry both the iPad and the Apple bluetooth keyboard :p

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Just like the look of the apple keyboard. A perfect match with the iPad.

Most reactions