What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which is the right app that imports Word docs with tables

andre3050

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

My first post and my first ever Apple device!

The only thing keeping my wife from ditching her Netbook is that she can't use MS Word on our iPad 2. Now I know there are some apps out there such as 'Pages' and 'QuickOffice' which looks as though can import/export to MS Word 2007 format so that she will hopefully then be able to continue with her business on the iPad.
There is only one issue I cannot seem to find an answer for is can any of these import a Word doc which has tables?

Thanks
Andre

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
andre3050 said:
Hi all

My first post and my first ever Apple device!

The only thing keeping my wife from ditching her Netbook is that she can't use MS Word on our iPad 2. Now I know there are some apps out there such as 'Pages' and 'QuickOffice' which looks as though can import/export to MS Word 2007 format so that she will hopefully then be able to continue with her business on the iPad.
There is only one issue I cannot seem to find an answer for is can any of these import a Word doc which has tables?

Thanks
Andre

Pages does.
However, the format /appearance might change a bit.
If the money for pages is too much for you to try it out you could send me an example file by email, I could import it to my pages and send it back as a pdf so you can take a look at it. If you want to just PM me.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

OP
A

andre3050

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your help. Been researching and it appears that Pages is the one to go for.

siskiyousummit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
QuickOffice Pro HD does, but it's a little spendy - $20. But they occasionally run sales. Also, many are still waiting for MS to release Office for the iPad.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
siskiyousummit said:
QuickOffice Pro HD does, but it's a little spendy - $20. But they occasionally run sales. Also, many are still waiting for MS to release Office for the iPad.

I got it on sale a few months ago. I love it and it's been a great office suite for me. Highly recommended. But, waiting for a sale is a good decision.

skallal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
siskiyousummit said:

Hmm... I was trying to create a table in QuickOffice HD Pro, but couldn't figure out how. I'll have to see if it will import a table from a Word doc. I've been looking for a word processor app that can create tables with or without borders. I suppose nothing beats the real thing on a desktop.

MB717502

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I have Office HD. Some documents will show tables, others don't. I haven't figured out how to create a table. Also table of contents doesn't show. I'm a newbie here. Does anyone know where I can find a good manual or tutorial?

AdTHANKSvance

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Try "Documents To Go" creates Word, Excel and PowerPoint docs. I don't believe you can create tables on the device but you can import docs with tables and edit them. You might also try CloudOn in App Store.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts