What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edit word doc using pages generates formatting problems

said76

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I was wondering if I can get some help with using pages on my iPad2 to edit word document (.doc) that was created using microsoft word from my laptop.

In the word document, I have tables, bullet points inside some of the tables.

Firstly, I can open the word document (which is a good start) with the pages on iPad2. After making some changes to the document, I then emailed it to myself so that I can use it on my laptop using Microsoft word. I got to tell you that many of the formatting plus the layout look different when opening it using Microsoft word 2010.

I tried different apps like Documents to go apps and Office HD. They all have their own limitations.

I can't create a table using Documents to go apps. Office HD, on the other hand, does have the feature to add tables but crashes when I try to insert new rows in the middle of the table.

I wonder if there are any of resolving this issue.

Thank you in advance

Most reactions

Latest posts