What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which iPad accessories do you own?

Which iPad accessories do you own? (Multiple answers allowed.)

• Screen protector

Votes: 162 44.9%
  • Protective skin / Decal

Votes: 48 13.3%
  • Sleeve / Pocket

Votes: 75 20.8%
  • Protective case without screen cover

Votes: 128 35.5%
  • Protective case with cover

Votes: 170 47.1%
  • Carrying bag (i.e. bought specially for iPad)

Votes: 90 24.9%
  • Dock / Adapter (e.g. camera kit)

Votes: 132 36.6%
  • Display stand / Mount

Votes: 88 24.4%
  • Keyboard (including keyboard dock)

Votes: 100 27.7%
  • Extra charger / Car charger

Votes: 123 34.1%

• Total voters

modojojo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a nice stitched brown leather sleeve case, screen protector and the camera kit.

scratchyelbows

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The Speck case I bought has an opening flap that works with the dock. Plus it covers the charger area when you're not charging so it stays clean if kids are using it. I highly recommend Speck cases. I've used them on all my iphones and it was the only truly clear ipad case that shows either the silver aluminum back or my gelaskin.

pauladev

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to use the Camera Connection kit? I have one of the combined USB/Sd Card (non-original Apple) and every time I try to put an SD card in I am told it cannot use device as there is not enough power!

David Vice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ive purchased the camera kit, and the Keyboard dock yesterday and today. I have the original camera kit with both usb connectivity and sd card as well. At first the usb connector advised me that the camera i was trying to plug in requires to much power, but luckily i thought about it before and made sure to buy a camera with both usb and an sd card slot. So i just flick away with my Samsung ES75 remove the card and attach it the ipad and all is well. As for the Keyboard, it Works great. It looks real cool its so thin. What is great about it, is that i can have the keyboard attached to the ipad and still have my camera kit attached into the rear of the keyboard dock. Great job on that one apple. Loving it!!

OP
tzimisce

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Has anyone managed to use the Camera Connection kit? I have one of the combined USB/Sd Card (non-original Apple) and every time I try to put an SD card in I am told it cannot use device as there is not enough power!

I use the Apple CCK all the time. In fact, I've managed to use it with a full 88-key keyboard (i.e. via the USB to 30-pin adapter) when I need to do lots of typing (although the iPad will show a popup "not compatible" message.)

brijeesh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
tzimisce said:
I use the Apple CCK all the time. In fact, I've managed to use it with a full 88-key keyboard (i.e. via the USB to 30-pin adapter) when I need to do lots of typing (although the iPad will show a popup "not compatible" message.)

Is there any way to get any connector that connects ethernet cable to my ipad..pls advice

OP
tzimisce

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to get any connector that connects ethernet cable to my ipad..pls advice

No, the iPad does not support ethernet connection. It's either through the 30-pin cable, or 3G/WiFi.

Grandad

iPF Noob
Reaction score

No, the iPad does not support ethernet connection. It's either through the 30-pin cable, or 3G/WiFi.

Whole heartedly agree with Tzimisce!!! In my experince you can get a cable from somwhere, for almost anything. But instinct tells me that this would be a pretty dangerous thing to try with iPad!!!

OP
tzimisce

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe the reason is because the iOS operating system on iPad does not have an ethernet driver, i.e. if you plugged in the iPad via Apple's 30-pin to USB and USB Ethernet adapter, it wouldn't know what to do with it. (The same thing would happen, for instance, if you plugged a mouse in: you'd get an error popup, and nothing would happen.)

On the other hand, I can and have plugged a USB keyboard to the iPad using the 30-pin-to-USB connector. It also shows an error popup, but once you click it away, you can start typing with it in the usual way.

8nobody8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two cases, including the apple one, which is my favorite, camera kit, VGA kit, serial cable kit (the one to project presentations onto a monitor or through a projector), neoprene sleeve, screen protector, and my most favorite thing of all : a bean bag stand thing so you can sit comfortably in bed or the couch, got it off of eBay and it's the perfect spec for the iPad. I think that's it. I'm hopelessly addicted to accessories.

OP
tzimisce

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looking at the amount of accessories which so many owners have invested into their device, that's another barrier to them to upgrade to a new model which, from all indications, would be incompatible in terms of size and shape.

Most reactions

Latest posts