What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where's the Apps I downloaded?

jhrBanker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just got my iPad a couple of hours ago. I setup an iTunes account and purchased a few free Apps. I ran sync, but can't find the new apps on my iPad. What am I missing?

shoveit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is odd. Have you tried swiping the screen, they could be on the next, or are the apps you downloaded compatible with the iPad? Or possible the sync failed?

OP
J

jhrBanker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I've tried swiping the screen. The Apps are compatiable, and the Sync indicated it was successful. I tried multiple times with no results. Finally I just did it directly from the iPad rather than using the iTunes on the PC.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Just got my iPad a couple of hours ago. I setup an iTunes account and purchased a few free Apps. I ran sync, but can't find the new apps on my iPad. What am I missing?

When in iTunes, with you iPad plugged in, click on the name of your iPad. Then click the "Apps" tab at the top of the screen. Scroll through the available apps and make sure that the apps you downloaded have a check mark in the box next to the name. Otherwise they will not synch to your iPad. Or, better yet, click on the box marked "Automatically Synch New Apps" and all the new apps (since your last synch) will be moved over to the device.

BTW, you should see the new app icons on the first available open page in the iPad apps window to the right of the apps scroll bar. Oh, and you have to have the "Synch Apps" box marked as well.

reid1801

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An alternative solution

I did all the stuff above, ticking the boxes and syncing, but my apps still didn't appear on my iPad screen. I had to drag them (on the iTunes devices page referred to above) from the left hand column onto the picture next to it of my iPad screen. I then had to sync or apply (can't remember which).

Most reactions

Latest posts