What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FREE App DL'd on iTunes will not install to iPad

mkerdman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had a copy of the FREE Dish Remote Access for iPad App working on my iPad. I do not recall if I downloaded it on the iPad or through iTunes.

Two things changed:

1. I reformatted my PC and Re-Installed Windows 7 X64

2. I was having problems with the Dish Remote Access for iPad App and so I foolishly deleted it from the iPad with the idea I would download a fresh copy from iTunes and Sync/Reinstall it.

I have managed to Backup/Transfer Purchases/Sync to where everything else seems to be working on my iPad (which had deleted only two apps from my iPad) and iTunes.

However, no matter how many times I (1) delete the Dish Remote Access for iPad App on my PC in iTunes, re-download the App, and then (3) Transfer Purchases/Sync/Apply I cannot get the App to re-install on my iPad.

I have "Sync Apps" and "Sync New Apps" checked but when I Transfer Purchases/Sync/Apply and the top bar progress dialog tells me it is "Installing Dish Remote Access for iPad" it fails to do so AND the check mark next to the App in the vertical iTunes “Sync Apps†dialog UNCHECKS itself.

Further, I cannot download the App from iTunes on the iPad. It goes about 75% to Install and then REPEATEDLY fails and displays a dialog directing me to download and sync the App through iTunes.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Murray

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm sure you've probably done this - but just in case....

Try restarting the iPad (i.e. switching it completely off and then on again).

Press *and hold* the Power key until you're offered the slider control to confirm that you want to switch the iPad off. Slide the control and wait for the iPad to power down - it takes four or five seconds and a rotating white 'bezel' appears on the iPad screen while this is happening. Once the iPad has completely powered down, press *and hold* the Power switch to turn it on again - until a white Apple logo appears on the screen. The power up process takes about 10 seconds. Note that the automatic screen orientation doesn't work during power up, so don't panic! About two-thirds the way through the power-up, the iPad plays a little 'jingle' and then, a couple of seconds later, the power up is complete and the iPad is 'back to normal'. Several Forum members recommend doing this about once a week in any case as good practice - after all, it's simply switching the iPad completely off rather than into standby. It seems to 'cure' all sorts of unexplained behaviour - just like rebooting your PC often does.

Then try re-installed the app again and see if the installation completes.

Hope this works.....

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions