What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where is the x to close websites

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have it on mine

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412164169.289999.jpg

M

moparherb

The screen shot above appears to be from an iPhone not an ipad. To close down a page on an iPad using 8.++. use the overlapping page icon in the menu bar and either hit the X to close or swipe the cascading page off to the left. If you want you can squeeze the screen with a two finger gesture and you get the same cascading page are you would if you tap the overlapping page icon. Hope this helps.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Or enable "Show Tab Bar" in Settings - Safari, then you don't need to use the overlapping page icon. The x in a circle will be visible, as before.

OP
F

fogey0

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Or enable "Show Tab Bar" in Settings - Safari, then you don't need to use the overlapping page icon. The x in a circle will be visible, as before.
I have show tabs bar enabled and there is no x on a single open page. When two or more pages are open they gave an x but not a single page. To close a single page I have to do what the previous poster said.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have show tabs bar enabled and there is no x on a single open page. When two or more pages are open they gave an x but not a single page. To close a single page I have to do what the previous poster said.
Sorry, I thought you had more than one tab open.

Most reactions

Latest posts