What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where do YOU get your iBooks from? (for those that don't buy em)

shodka8

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I have been searching for some time, but is there a site you guys reliably use (eg blog, searchable site or whatever) to download the latest/greatest epub ibooks?

It would be nice to keep up with what's new!

This site can be html based or rapidshare or whatever...Just curious as to where YOU are getting your ibooks from (for those that are not paying)

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just about every reader out there: Kindle, Stanza, B&N, Borders and of course iBooks. Kindle is hands down the leader, but iBooks is (slowly) catching up. Stanza is nice because it provides links to several providers including Project Gutenberg which has over 33,000 FREE!!! titles. Oh, did I mention they were free?

EDIT: P.S. Please do not come back here and tell us about the great offer you found where you can download and unlimited number of books for free after you pay a $50 membership fee. Its a scam!

Last edited:

rsava

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very nice link, I grabbed a couple of books that look interesting. It's great finding these indie and PD book sites, finding things I either forgot about or never would find if I just look at the big book store sites.
Thanks for the link Bremen.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ePub files are like mp3s - easy to get and iTunes will take em...
...and like most music, books are protected by copyright laws. Some of the major sellers offer free stuff, but if something is not in the public domain, you will most likely have to pay for it.

Have I used places like LimeWire? Sure, but that doesn't mean I don't feel guilty about it!

drwinston001

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchase books thru amazon, barmes & noble, iBooks..and other legitimate means of paying the hard working authors for their troubles...

thats what I meant to say....really.

Last edited by a moderator:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank goodness this 1971 classic is available as a free .pdf so I didn't have to steal it!

books

This really brings back memories of my youth... or at least it would bring back memories of I hadn't killed those brain cells! Doh!

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Thank goodness this 1971 classic is available as a free .pdf so I didn't have to steal it!

books

This really brings back memories of my youth... or at least it would bring back memories of I hadn't killed those brain cells! Doh!

lol, I was a misguided youth, and Yes .... I stole this book from a train station in Chicago...... had to be '71 or '72.....

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, there is a Kobo app for the iPad. Also, Borders uses the Kobo app for their books. For all intents and purposes, it is identical to the stand alone app.

Roi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
roi.rnpmusic.net
Last edited:

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought two paper books today because the authors that I love had sold rights on them to publishers with no interest in ebooks. Were going to be stuck with that effin' mentality for some time still...:rolleyes:

It's hard to follow someone's carreer this way.

Most reactions

Latest posts