What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where did these slide show photos come from?

NancyMoranG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
New here, looking for photo info, and i came across someone saying to hit 'sunflower icon' by the slide bar to start a slide show. So I tried it, and a 'show' started. I just don't know how THOSE photos got onto my IPad? Hubby got IPad 2 last yr, me IPAD 3 this yr . The photos we're taken a yr ago and loaded on a computer, NOT our IPads.
How are they and where are they on my IPad? Not in any album on my IPad??!!
Thanks, Nancy

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe when you first synced your iPad to your computer that file was checked under pics to be synced to our iPad? Have you done this before? ....or could it be that you have your photostream turned on?

OP
N

NancyMoranG

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Did I mention I don't speak techno...
Where would I find 'photo stream' ?
On computer, I open ITunes, then where do I look to see what files are checked to sync? I have thousands of photos but don't want/need them (ok a few) on the IPad.
Then, where are they on IPad to view and see what else is on IPad?
Thank you, Nancy

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did I mention I don't speak techno...
Where would I find 'photo stream' ?
On computer, I open ITunes, then where do I look to see what files are checked to sync? I have thousands of photos but don't want/need them (ok a few) on the IPad.
Then, where are they on IPad to view and see what else is on IPad?
Thank you, Nancy

To turn on Photostream... go to Settings > iCloud > Photo Stream, and turn on Photo Stream. See this link: iCloud: Photo Stream FAQ

When in iTunes...
1. Click your device icon on the left side of the panel in iTunes.
2. Go to "Photos" tab
3. Select "Chose photos from" and chose your file to to import.
4. Press "Apply"
see this link for additional directions: iOS and iPod: Syncing photos using iTunes

To view your photos-click your photos icon on your iPad.

Most reactions

Latest posts