What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Main Screen - Slide Show

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just purchased my iPad4 on Wednesday and so far, LOVE IT !!

However, I've got one slight problem. I have the screen on "lock"
after five minutes. Yet when the main screen goes to "lock", there is
a small "flower looking icon" down near the slide button where you go
to unlock it.

Clicking on this "flower button" causes a slide show to begin to appear with
ALL of my photos on the iPad being place in the slide show.

Some of my photographs are of fashion models, some wearing swim suits.
I don't want any of these images to be in this "slide show mode".

How can I get rid of that "flower button" when the screen locks up? I don't want
anything on my main screen when it locks up, other than the background image
I've placed there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The only way you can remove that flower icon (which is the button to start a slideshow - as you've found) is to enable the passcode feature on your iPad. With the passcode enabled, that icon won't show, but you'll have to enter a password every time you unlock the iPad.

Sorry, but that's the only way on a stock iPad. Now, if you were to jail break it, you could modify it. But, that's with a jail break... :)

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you enable a pass code you can turn the picture frame off and you can also turn the time for needing the pass code to 4 hours. Of course, shorter times are more secure.

OP
K

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The only way you can remove that flower icon (which is the button to start a slideshow - as you've found) is to enable the passcode feature on your iPad. With the passcode enabled, that icon won't show, but you'll have to enter a password every time you unlock the iPad.

Sorry, but that's the only way on a stock iPad. Now, if you were to jail break it, you could modify it. But, that's with a jail break... :)

Marilyn

Marilyn,

I don't think what you wrote is correct. As I wrote in my original post, I already have enabled the passcode feature on my iPad. Yet, I can't get rid of the flower button.

I finally figured a way to make the slideshow function only show one album from my many photo albums and I'm okay with this fix.

OP
K

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you enable a pass code you can turn the picture frame off and you can also turn the time for needing the pass code to 4 hours. Of course, shorter times are more secure.

Can you please tell me how to do this? I have my passcode set at 5 minutes. I don't want any prying eyes to my stuff.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
When you enter the pass code settings area you can choose to turn the picture frame off. (The icon you are talking about is the picture frame.)

Another setting is to require a pass code after your choice of time.
Under general settings the auto-lock is a setting that just turns things off and only requires sliding the lock to unlock.

OP
K

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you enter the pass code settings area you can choose to turn the picture frame off. (The icon you are talking about is the picture frame.)

Another setting is to require a pass code after your choice of time.
Under general settings the auto-lock is a setting that just turns things off and only requires sliding the lock to unlock.

I just went into my settings to try and change the settings where the picture frame is turned off. I'm sorry, I must be blind as a bat, I don't see that option at all.
Like I said, I finally just put it to a folder that has general photos in it, so it won't be a problem. Still would like to figure out how to completely turn it off, if I want.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just went into my settings to try and change the settings where the picture frame is turned off. I'm sorry, I must be blind as a bat, I don't see that option at all.
Like I said, I finally just put it to a folder that has general photos in it, so it won't be a problem. Still would like to figure out how to completely turn it off, if I want.

Go to the General section in your Settings app. Turn your Passcode on (you will have to enter a passcode - twice). Once the Passcode is on, you will be able to turn the Picture Frame to OFF. See this for what I mean:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1353203262.851518.jpg

This is on an iPad running iOS 5.1.1...

Marilyn

OP
K

knowoneuno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go to the General section in your Settings app. Turn your Passcode on (you will have to enter a passcode - twice). Once the Passcode is on, you will be able to turn the Picture Frame to OFF. See this for what I mean:

View attachment 29619

This is on an iPad running iOS 5.1.1...

Marilyn

Thanks!!

Here is your internet hug, I could NOT figure out what I was doing wrong.
I'm a guy, I'm a visual person. ha ha ha !!

Most reactions