What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Double tap

perryc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On my iPad 2 when I double click the home button I get a photo icon that goes through a slide show ( poor for privacy) but how do I get the camera icon instead do I can take quick pictures and get rid of photo icon?

Perrt

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello Perrt - now TP is always so prescient in his posting, so I cannot comment on this post as to your issue (don't own an iPhone myself).

But I don't understand how the iPad2 is responding to your double-pressing the home button - I've had the older iOS versions and have just upgraded to iOS5 on my iPad2, and in both situations the 'double press' on the home button brings up the 'multi-taksbar' at the bottom of the home screen; NOW - there may be options in the general settings to re-define this 'double press' to another function? Not certain - will be interested in additional posts! :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
When you double press the Home button when on the 'lock screen' you get some play controls for whatever audio app is active in the background, or the Music app by default. On the iPhone running iOS 5 it also gives you a camera icon next to the "slide to unlock" slider. You can tap this to go directly to the camera app without having to unlock, find, and tap the camera app.

This camera feature is not present on the iPad, iOS 5 or not. You do get the other new camera features, a grid option, pinch to zoom, and the volume up button will snap a shot.

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just upgraded to ios5 last night and was anxious to see how the volume button would snap a photo from the lock screen, but all it does is adjust the volume. Is there a configuration setting that I'm missing?

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DeniseB said:
I just upgraded to ios5 last night and was anxious to see how the volume button would snap a photo from the lock screen, but all it does is adjust the volume. Is there a configuration setting that I'm missing?

Hi Denise, is this on your iPhone? If not have you read Twerpoet' post directly above yours......it says that the camera lock screen funkiness is only available on the iPhone and not on the iPad.

The Archangel

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score

Ah, perhaps I could have been clearer. When I said that the iPad did have the other new camera features, I did not mean to imply they were from the lock screen. You have to have the camera app open to use them. The volume up button to snap a shot.

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ah, perhaps I could have been clearer. When I said that the iPad did have the other new camera features, I did not mean to imply they were from the lock screen. You have to have the camera app open to use them. The volume up button to snap a shot.

Oh! Okay... Yes, this is on my iPad ( I don't have iPhone)... Oh well... I DO like the use of volume up for clicking a shot. Easier than visually hitting the shutter icon on screen, sometimes. Thanks for clarifying.

Say, do you know if there's an option to change the red eye 'fix' from black to anothet color? My green eyed son looks wild with black eyes now :)

DeniseB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Photo-sort tip after upgrading to IOS5: if you don't see all of your folders, go into the App settings (via the gear icon), and hit 'Thumbnails Regeneration' as many times as it takes to get them all back. Close background apps if you can, first, as this takes RAM to work.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Say, do you know if there's an option to change the red eye 'fix' from black to anothet color? My green eyed son looks wild with black eyes now :)

It is only supposed to change the pupil of the eye, the black part. Try zooming into the picture until you can tap just the center the eye where the red is. Other than that, there does not appear to be any way to adjust things.

There are other third party app that have more editing options and better control. I don't have one, so I can't recommend any.

Most reactions

Latest posts