What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

When buying an HD movie do you also have access to SD version?

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When I buy a movie on iTunes I always select the high def version. But for some of my old devices limited on space I'd prefer the SD versions. Do I have access to both?

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you have access to both HD and SD versions, with the SD version also costing a bit less.

image-2076321715.png

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
When I buy a movie on iTunes I always select the high def version. But for some of my old devices limited on space I'd prefer the SD versions. Do I have access to both?
The SD version of the movie is included in the price you pay for the HD version. There's no extra charge for downloading the SD version of the movie, I've done this on my devices numerous times.

OP
X

XDRoX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So let's say I already own the HD version of a movie. How can I put the SD version on say my iPod nano?
Only the HD version is appearing in my iTunes.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So let's say I already own the HD version of a movie. How can I put the SD version on say my iPod nano? Only the HD version is appearing in my iTunes.
You have to search for the movie in the main iTunes listings, not in your purchased list. You can then select between HD and SD versions to download.

image-2735284095.jpg

image-348939808.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts