What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Problem importing video from SD Card for backup

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have noticed many posts concerning importing video into the iPad 2 and the frustration that folks seem to be having. I will be traveling to Europe and will not be taking my laptop, only my iPad 2. I would like to be able to back up my movies from the camcorder (.mov files) SD card. I don't have any problems importing photos using the camera connection kit, but it will not import .mov files. When I visited the apple store to get some advice on how I could import video directly from my camcorders SD card without converting it to H.264 first, the Apple genius explained that he could not think of a way to do this but found a device called Zoomit (zoomMediaPlus - Home). Has anyone had any experience with this device? It looks like it will import files to and from the iPad using the camera connection kit with an SD card. It is a little pricey but if it works it may be worth it. I would appreciate anyone with some first hand experience with this device and software (free from the app store) to comment on it. I should also add that when I emailed support at ZoomIt, I received responses within minutes. I was impressed with this.

So far I have not been able to import video files directly to the iPad 2 from either the camcorder or SD card and this is the only limitation I have found so far. Hopefully someone can help/

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with that, but I have the same issue. The Apple Store told me I'd have issues because the iPad won't recognize the files. I can't get my CX-100 files to open on my iPad, even when I transfer them with dropbox.

OP
J

Jbembenek

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not really looking to open the files as I understand that the iPad currently can only open H.264 files, hopefully Apple will change this in the future. I just want a place t back up my video files while traveling.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Martlet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Jbembenek said:
I'm not really looking to open the files as I understand that the iPad currently can only open H.264 files, hopefully Apple will change this in the future. I just want a place t back up my video files while traveling.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I guess I should have been clearer. I can't even SEE the files when I import them. The .modd file shows, but that's it.

hoshnasi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
looks interesting, not sure about that note "share short video clips" though. I'll wait to great on a review.

Sent from my HTC Glacier

Most reactions