What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Transfer selected photos from PC/Macbook to iPad2 - How?

JRP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry to open a very similar thread to this one but hijacking is apparently frowned upon. :eek:

My experience with Apple is limited and with the iPad its zero. The main reason for buying one is to have a lightweight device to show of my portfolio of photos.
Was I upset when I found out that the iPad doesnt accept USB sticks (powert drain warning) nor does it accept an SD card to which I copied a selection of photos from PC (nothing to import).
It only recognises photos taken on SD card AND the SD card is immediately put in to the SD slot for the iPad. Any manipulation on PC and you're done for.
Given that I shoot RAW @ 25Mb I need to convert to a small Jpeg on a computer and I don't dump 800 photos a day on an ipad either.

I found the thread / post below and already struggle with steps 4-6.
Q1 I've never use iTunes but from what Ive seen you can set up playlists. Ok, so thats for movies and music but how do I operate iTunes in the way described below.
Q2 is the indented button on the bottom front of the iPad calledthe Home button?
Just shows you how much I know about these so called intuitive devices - I need a manual.

At the moment I just have a very expensive piece ol Aluminium with a glass front. If I cant get this working with minimum fuss it will be the end of my venture with Apple.
4 day old iPad 2 32Gb WiFi only + the USB/SD connector set.

See if this will help! Sorry Jim! See if below info helps~
Originally Posted by Tim SPRACKLEN
1. Create a new folder on your PC e.g. name it: iPad Photo Designs
2. go inside this new folder and create five new folders and name them for eg:

- Bathroom
- Bedroom
- Kitchen
- Den
- Deck
3. Drag or copy/paste pictures inside those five folders.
4. Start iTunes: make sure your USB is connected on your PC and your iPad.
5. In photo sync do the select a folder:
Find the folder: iPad Photo Designs
Select that folder then click "apply" to start synchronize.
6. When sync is completed, start your iPad and touch photos, now all the five albums with pictures will appear.

OP
J

JRP

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback - I'll be printing that off soonest and stuying it.

Most reactions