What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's Your Access Point to Movies?

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm accentuating on the "ACCESS" here as I would like to learn about how people watch movies on iPad. I'm a new iPad owner who wants to be able to watch a bunch of movies while traveling on air with no access to wifi or Internet. Do you rent movies from iTunes or Netflix or... How do you access to movies? (On a side note, as someone new to this, I was astounded to find out how limited the iTunes' movie selection is. It's quite pathetic to be frank, and I don't get it. Must be some sort of licensing issues going on?)

Reaction score
Netflix streams movies, so assuming you are really offline, it is not a viable option. Unless I have overlooked some features of Netflix.

But yes, renting movies from the iTunes store is a simple option. Some people stated that the movies even auto delete after they expire, though I haven't tried it yet, as I buy the movies instead, in case I want to see them again.

OP
S

SYS

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Netflix streams movies, so assuming you are really offline, it is not a viable option. Unless I have overlooked some features of Netflix.

But yes, renting movies from the iTunes store is a simple option. Some people stated that the movies even auto delete after they expire, though I haven't tried it yet, as I buy the movies instead, in case I want to see them again.

Yes, for someone like me, Netflix is no use for me, then. I listed it as an example without knowing much about it. I'm just getting into online movie rentals... :)

sjleworthy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.sjleworthy.com
personally, all my movies are ripped from my dvd collection. and, i have a massive collection. i've got ripping movies from dvd for ipod to a fine art now :)

other than that i might stream from the bbc iplayer (free and only for uk peeps) if they've got anything worth a punt. which is not often.

Most reactions