What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WhatsApp working on iPad3 :)

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I found an article on Internet describes how to get WhatsApp working on iPad

http:// www. redmondpie.com/whatsapp-for-ipad-ipad-2-whatspad-download-how-to-install/

I added some spaces to the URL, u remove it

I tested that on my iPad wifi only, it's WORKING FINE, try it

Last edited:

mondli

iPF Noob
Reaction score
engali said:

http:// www. redmondpie.com/whatsapp-for-ipad-ipad-2-whatspad-download-how-to-install/

Hello how did you download whatspad

OP
E

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I synchronized my iphone with itunes ( transfer purchases ) then i uploaded it to ipad
If you couldn't do this let me know so i guid you step by step

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Can you do this on a stock iPad? I thought you can only do it on a JB one?

OP
E

engali

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did this on JB iPad, i dont think u can do so on stock one since you need to install an app from cydia for full screen mode
Try to do it, it wont effect if you haven't jailbreaken yours

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's what I thought...would be helpful for members to know that upfront, that's why I posed the question.

Han84

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whatsapp open and closes

Hey guys,

Could someone help me out on making whatsapp work for my Ipad 3 without 3g?

I've already jailed break my Ipad, and that I've already followed the instruction as per mentioned in the website to
1) purchase whatsapp from iTunes and install it via Iphone Configuration Utility (version 2.8.2)
2) install whatspad via Cydia

But after restarting my springboard, I attempt to run whatsapp... unfortunately it open and closes.

I've tried the following after searching via the Internet for solutions:
1) use iFile to navigate to /var/mobile/Applications/.../WhatsApp.app/ and edit Info.plist using Text Vierwer and removed the <key>telephony</key><true/> in <key>UIRequiredDeviceCapabilities</key>, then save and attempt to open Whatsapp again. Still the same, it opens and closes.
2) Use Fullforce and marked Whatsapp as "On" (failed, same thing happened, it open and closes)
3) Uninstalled the whatsapp and installed another version, 2.6.10... also the same, it open and closes.

Has anyone has any solutions for this? Really appreciate it if anyone could give some pointers... so that my mom could communicate easily with her children. Thanks in advance even for reading my reply.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Since this thread talks about a jail broken iPad (which is the ONLY way to install Whatsapp on the iPad), I've taken the liberty of moving this post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

Marilyn

Most reactions