What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What's the latest news on an official Skype app formthe iPad?

lspencer1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm really curious because it's a little annoying to use the iPhone version of Skype on an iPad. One of my friends was telling me within the next few months but I honestly don't know how reliable his source was.

Thanks in advance for all responses!

Anil_Trinidad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello lspencer1. I installed the Skype (free) app today too. I tried it out, and it's not great. You can't see much of the conversation in landscape mode, and in portrait mode the keyboard is a pain to use if you have big fingers. I tried calling a contact 6000 miles away from my ipad, but my connection speed is like 0.5MB - so it did not work too well. Supposedly Skype was bought by Microsoft some time ago? If so, it's unlikely that they will upgrade that app for the iPad, unless it becomes a paid app?

Oh! and welcome to the forum! :)

Yptcn

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Skype is not working tonight for me . The only thing that works is if I call a land line or a cell phone with it but not from computer to computer. Anyone else ?

Most reactions