What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whats my Connection G or N

Edlex

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The default will usually be the fastest your machine has which should be the N. My router has separate radio's with separate ssid's so I can direct the device to to the N.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As Edlex said, N is faster if your wireless router supports it. What model is your wireless router?

OP
M

mmhauer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I understand that N is faster and that the iPad will negotate to the fastest connection. I was trying out the new Cisco E2000. But I wanted to see what the iPad was reporting my speed and connection type was.

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Usually your broadband connection is the bottleneck rather then G or N anyway. Unless your sharing over your local area network (movies, large files) the local speed of the wireless will far exceed your broadband internet connection.

Most reactions

Latest posts