What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What will I gain from getting an iPad?

TaggerHD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I'm really wanting to get an iPad Pro, but I don't necessarily know why.

I would like to think I could use it to be productive at work, but how?

One problem I see is that my company has Microsoft everything, but at home I have both Apple and Microsoft products (gaming PC = Windows everything else is Apple) so I'm kind of in a pinch.

A touch screen would be nice, but I'm not someone to buy something for no reason, I would like to get my fair use out of it you know?

I'm all about simplicity, and if I could use my iPad to do things at work more efficiently and more effortlessly, that would be amazing!

Ideas / thoughts / concerns?

Thanks,
Ben

Brian 244

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you want to use this mainly for work and work consists of using Microsoft Office or similar software most of the time, then I wouldn;t recommend it.

If you want it for more than work or work consists of more creative type software or not lots of typing , then perhaps you should give a shot.

alexm1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I use a Windows PC to create and manipulate documents, spreadsheets and the like. I load them onto my iPad so that I have them with me for reference but I do not work on them there. I do use my iPad for personal banking and share trading, eBay purchases and general internet browsing. An iPad makes internet access portable, it is an easy way to carry documents, spreadsheets and books for reference.
Alex.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Actually, the Microsoft Office apps on the iPad Pro are pretty good; however, unlike the smaller iPad you need a paid Office 365 subscription to use them. Some rule Microsoft put in about only giving it away free on screens smaller than 10 inches.

I wouldn't want to depend completely on an iPad for Microsoft Office, but as a mobile solution it's nice. Printing would is probably the bigest weekness, and file transfer second. Neither should be much of an issue if you have Office 365 at work with a desktop printer enviroment.

You'll want an external keyboard (Bluetooth or Apple's), and expect to learn a few new tricks, but the results are good. It will work best if your office is using up-to-date versions of Office and providing Office 365 account/subscriptions.

That said, a laptop is probably still the 'best' all around Microsoft Office solution; especially if that's pretty much all you're going to use on that computer.

richjh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife was going to get the large iPad Pro for my birthday which isn't until December. I know I'm months away but I just couldn't wait. I had the very first iPad AIr and for what I was doing it was getting a little slow especially manipulating Ancestry pages with dozens of pages.
And I don't want to forget the movies. They are just spectactulator on this iPad!
Rich

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If u are an iPhone user then there is no need of getting iPad pro as this would all be a waste of money
Just how would it be a waste of money if you already own an iPhone? Please explain. The iPad Pro has a screen that's gigantic by iPhone standards and is ideal for apps that require large amounts of screen real estate such as drawing apps, and business apps such as Keynote, Numbers, and Pages. The iPad Pro also has a faster processor and more RAM than any iPhone.

Most reactions

Latest posts