What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your first car and favourite car ever!

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I love mercedes sports cars and would love a new version of my isuzu trooper with all the trimmings!

sent with love from my iPad on IPF

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Come on new members, what's your motor and your favourite ever!!!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

nessva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My current car is my first car!! I learned to drive much later than most people. I drive a (currently very dirty) 2009 Hyundai Getz 1.6L SX. It's usually just me in the car, so it's all I ever wanted - cheap to run, service etc. Plus it's a dream to park. I like to laugh at those struggling to turn their 4wd/suv's into mall parking lots.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I love cars and hearing about other peoples cars and which ones are their favourites.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first car was a Morris 1100, it gave me my first taste of freedom. I have a Prado 4x4 now, great car, love it. My girls have all learnt to drive in it, which gave me the feeling of safety for them as its so big. My dream car would be a classic old Mercedes sports car. One day!!

JewelGarden

iPF Novice
Reaction score
First car was a little red Austin America, so fun to buzz around town, but miserable for long highway trips! Now have a Camry. Comfy, reliable but a little boring.

Never, never, never give up -- Winston Churchill

grimbarian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First car: Ford Anglia 105e
Favourite, my present car: Mitsubishi Charisma, about 10yrs old and still an excellent reliable runner.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My trusty old Trooper Citation is ancient (K reg) but I love it. Should have bought a 4x4 years ago. So big and spacious! Dream car would be a Porsche. My brother sells them!

Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First car: Ford Anglia 105e
Favourite, my present car: Mitsubishi Charisma, about 10yrs old and still an excellent reliable runner.

Never had a Ford Anglia, but my parents' first car was a Ford Prefect with the 105E engine. A heater was an optional extra and myDad 'splashed out' on that.

What I really remember - from those days - is how unreliable and poorly made most mass-production cars were in those days - I recall that the average new car in the UK had 12 faults that needed rectifying.

How things have improved - they say that - in the 'old' days, it was a triumph of workmanship over design and now it's a triumph of design over workmanship..

My last couple of cars have had no faults whatsoever....

Tim

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,

Here in South Africa we only get our licenses at 18, which I've had since march :D

I currently drive a beautiful Volkswagen Beetle. It is Maroon with silver doors, dropped suspension, twin carbs and mags. This thing is my baby and am asked on a daily basis to sell it. Never gonna happen.

Not bad for a first car hey?

Regards,
Chays

Attachments

• image-1295743505.png
    image-1295743505.png
    266.1 KB · Views: 118

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Very flash indeed

I have very fond memories of Volkswagen beetles. A lot of people call them punch buggies here. Don't know why

Last edited:
OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What a beautiful beetle. Look after it! I'm sure the theft of cars has gone up since I lived there 24 years ago! I lived in Durban, Natal. Where do you live?

Chays

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hayles66 said:
What a beautiful beetle. Look after it! I'm sure the theft of cars has gone up since I lived there 24 years ago! I lived in Durban, Natal. Where do you live?

I live more in the city, I stay in Pretoria - Centurion.
The crime rate has gone up, but it's still a beautiful country.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes, it will always be my birth place. My brother lives there in Margate.

Most reactions

Latest posts