What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What was your first car and favourite car ever!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And no! You are an optimist getting cooling in the seats, .

Cooling? Mine make your butt warm, but there is cooling too?

Absolutely - ducts air from the air-con to the underside of the seat, where a fan forces it through the seat cover. (The leather seat design has a perforated surface so the cool air can flow through it and cool you).

So, Marie, tell us about your first car?? I'm trying to guess - a Corvette?

Or are you a Harley girl?

Tim

A corvette? Hell No. My first car was a PINTO, remember? I posted it already, Tim. Focus, babe.:D

I don't even think they make them anymore!

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
1968 Buick GS 400 (Gran Sport 340-bhp 400-4cid V-8)
gs.jpg

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
American cars are so over the top but I love them! That's one beautiful car. Is that the current one, favourite or your first car, you didn't say.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cooling? Mine make your butt warm, but there is cooling too?

Absolutely - ducts air from the air-con to the underside of the seat, where a fan forces it through the seat cover. (The leather seat design has a perforated surface so the cool air can flow through it and cool you).

So, Marie, tell us about your first car?? I'm trying to guess - a Corvette?

Or are you a Harley girl?

Tim

A corvette? Hell No. My first car was a PINTO, remember? I posted it already, Tim. Focus, babe.:D

I don't even think they make them anymore!

Focus - yes, that's exactly what I need to do....too many Drambuies last night...

Tim

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That's okay, we seem to have problems staying OT so I don't mind. Leave off the tomato and I'm good. I love your Subways, especially the Italian salami with honey mustard. I've been to Orlando and the Disney centre with Shamu the killer whale, space station, and Florida as well but never to California.

OP
Hayles66

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Ah what a shame, let's hope someone has looked after it. I'm still looking for my Capri to go past one day as I'm sure someone did it up, leastways that's what I hope happened to it.

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Ah what a shame, let's hope someone has looked after it. I'm still looking for my Capri to go past one day as I'm sure someone did it up, leastways that's what I hope happened to it.

I sold it to a High School friend in 1979. He blew up the engine in 1981 but still has the car and, the last I heard, is refurbishing it since it sat around in his garage for all these years.

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is my fav car I am a mustang fanatic! Some fun I had with apps for my baby Hot Wheels!

Attachments

• image-4014077615.png
    image-4014077615.png
    356.5 KB · Views: 154
  • image-2023665938.png
    image-2023665938.png
    420 KB · Views: 137
  • image-470481031.png
    image-470481031.png
    452.2 KB · Views: 184

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My first 'car' - while I shudder to call it that - was a 1988 Jeep Wrangler. The best all-time is the 2007+ Jeep Wrangler Rubicon.

But the Tesla Roadster is my second place.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My first: 1978 Mazda GLC. Wooooboy! Only an AM radio and no AC (in Oklahoma!). But, it ran (got me through several 600+ mile trips), so no complaining...

My favorite: My current car ... a 2006 BMW 330i. Bought it new while stationed in the UK. Great car - and it's the longest I've ever owned any car.

Huh. And both are silver. Well, I'm pretty sure I should talk about that Mazda in the past tense ... especially since I sold it in 1982 for basically pennies - after it went through a tornado (called it "Dimples" after the hail got done with it).

The Mazda also had a standard shift - which I didn't know how to use. Had to get a friend to drive it home. But - I learned and to this day, with the exception of one POS automatic Pontiac Grand Am, I've owned/operated standards. Just more driving experience there ... vs point and steer. Boring!

Okay, then. I'm rambling. But, hadn't thought about that Mazda in years!

Marilyn

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While in Korea, I ordered a Gold metallic 72 Mercury Comet GT through my Dad. I had it for a long time, doing a bit of racing. I gave it to a friend for his Grandson when I had to deal with the maintenance and it being unsuited for daily usage. A few years later, I saw a red car and recognized it as being my old friend. I had the kid pop the hood, and sure enough, I recognized the modifications I had made. Never saw it again after that.

Most reactions

Latest posts