What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What type of phone do you use?

OP
I

Itzxdjx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basic Motorola flip phone whatever. I work at putting together the plan that works for me and then get the phone that fits. I have never done 3G, or texting and will never get a smart phone until they are what you can get for free+.

Do you utilize the free texting with text plus?

Also all the andriod users how did you thether rooted or non I'm looking for the best way for my nexus.

I do envy the pre's wifi !

The evo 4g is just amazing can't wait to play with one!

Tagg67

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Had an Iphone 3G for 2 years, jumped ship and now I am using a Storm II with Verizonwireless. Planning on going back to Iphone when the 4G comes out this year (fingers crossed).

Last edited:

LMControl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both an iPhone 3GS and a Google Nexus One..... yes, I'm a gadget freak. I switch between them as I feel like.

henry2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both an iPhone 3GS and a Google Nexus One..... yes, I'm a gadget freak. I switch between them as I feel like.
how do you like the google nexus one phone and it system good or bad ..tell me a little about the phone if you would please..

my contract is up at the end of may and i really like the Iphone and it two years old model and i beening really wanting to stay with the Iphone but hate the att service .

any problems with it ..who do you go through as the cell phone service carrier

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Basic Motorola flip phone whatever. I work at putting together the plan that works for me and then get the phone that fits. I have never done 3G, or texting and will never get a smart phone until they are what you can get for free+.

Do you utilize the free texting with text plus?

Also all the andriod users how did you thether rooted or non I'm looking for the best way for my nexus.

I do envy the pre's wifi !

The evo 4g is just amazing can't wait to play with one!
I do absolutely no texting. I used to have a block on text messages, but my current phone does not do blocking, so I pay a couple dollars every time someone sends me a text message. I am quick to let family and friends that I am a no text zone.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Couple of observations on cell phone usage:

1. I've never really had a satisfying browsing experience on a cell phone. Yea - the weather apps and music apps have worked well - but the browsing never really cut it - at least for 'serious' browsing. I think that's one of the reasons why I plan on turning my $30 Verizon plan off when I get my iPad 3G.

2. Teathering: I had a Samsung Omnia - jailbroke - full 6.5 WM OS with Walking Hot Spot. After opening up the application, selecting wifi, verifying the connection, etc. I could turn it into a wifi hot spot - worked well. I would actually use it as a hot spot for my iPod touch. My question though - why take this really neato spiffy iPad with the 8 - 12 hour battery life and make it dependent on a cell phone that burned through battery life like a hot knife through butter (at least when acting as a wifi hot spot)? I found myself toting a couple of spare batteries around - chargers in the car - I became a slave to my second unit.

Maybe you get a ton of battery life out of the mifi's - I don't know - but I'm just curious as to how people think they're going to get the tethering part to work well with cell phones without the clumsiness of multiple pieces of hardware, batteries, the loss of 'instant on' etc.

Ghuda

iPF Noob
Reaction score
blackberry, was great when I first picked it up, then when my brother visited and we started comparing with his IPhone 3GS, my opinion of my BBerry dropped. It was so remarkably slower than the iphone i could not go on.......

Waiting for June 22(?), tethering be damned!!

srleadjb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Droid! After years of poor Att service with iPhone, I switched back to Verizon. The Droid is great, haven't dropped a single call! And everything I missed about the iPhone I now have with iPad. So great combo if you ask me!

airwake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Droid! After years of poor Att service with iPhone, I switched back to Verizon. The Droid is great, haven't dropped a single call! And everything I missed about the iPhone I now have with iPad. So great combo if you ask me!

Same here. I had been with Att for ever. Had an iPhone for 3 years. Once the Droid came out, I was hooked. Overall coverage is so much better. I find myself laying with and modifying my Droid way more than my iPhone. I rooted within two weeks, and since then have tried out about 4 different roms.

I don't use my iPad for heavy browsing while not at home, so being able to use my phone as a hot spot for 20-30 minutes a day works perfectly for me personally.

EARL97850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm using the Droid in the stock configuration.

I need to learn how to get it rooted so I can tether it.

Cya

Most reactions

Latest posts