What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What to use in 2017?

jon229

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This NAS forum, which I haven't read yet, is kinda old. So this is hoping to find out what's new out there that I may find useful.

Today at Costco I saw a 5TB Seagate backup plus 'hub'. Reading a bit about this device, it is formatted NTFS (ie: Windows) but contains a MAC ntfs driver (alternatively one can reformat the drive for the mac filesystem. Seagate also provides an iOS app so that files can be transferred to the drive when it is plugged into a device on your network.

What I would like to find out is if I were to format the drive to get rid of the ntfs (I don't need a NTFS file system), would the Seagate app still work? I would think it would but maybe it needs to see the NTFS drive to work?

Does anyone have one of these devices and use this app to backup their iOS device?

Or what other devices are current on the market that you have found useful. I'd like to be able to backup locally over the network.

Most reactions