What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What time do I need to line up?

Fataliya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's my day off so I thought I'd try. I want the 64g WiFi/3G AT&T, in black.

Should I be at the mall at, say, 630am? I dont even know what time the Apple store opens. It's in a mall, if that makes a difference.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it depends which country you're in. There were rumours that the Apple Stores would only start selling the iPad2 outside the US at 5pm, but I've not seen that confirmed anywhere.

Tim
Scotland

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suspect the major problem will be whether they still have any left in stock - since the iPad2 has been on sale in the US for a while now. I would give them a call, you'll probably have seen the posts in this Forum about many retailers selling out, but new stocks expected soon.

Tim
Scotland

OP
F

Fataliya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, I'm like 12th in line @ 8am. I hope they have some in stock.

OP
F

Fataliya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bah. I could have actually gotten one, but they only had WiFi, and 64g.

ETA: should say no 64g.

Last edited:

laddie2day

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My experience

I missed out on the actual release day......

I have been back to the local mall Apple store 4 times based on employees time suggestions.

1st day there was a line of about 75 for only 20 ipads (all wifi only) at 9 am
2nd day was there at 8 am (their suggestion) 30 in line, only 10 received.
3rd day (yesterday) was there at 8 am, 45th in line for 30 units. On the phone yesterday afternoon was told I should be in line at 7 am, for a big shipment that had already been received, but they were instructed to not sell until the next morning.

Today (The next morning) I was there at 6:45 am, was 19th. in line, when they let us enter the mall, the staff took 3 people that were in line that they recognized & let them enter the store immediately. The rest of us were told that they had received 11 units and all were low end wifi only. Big shipment!

The woman in front of me has two friends who practically live at the Apple store, and she commented that the staff "held" multiple units for them, and they picked them up on Tuesday!

I sure wish that they had done the pre-order procedure...... I didn't order right away on line because of all the hype saying that with all of the retailers there would be plenty available........ almost all of the retailers in my area had "0" on the opening tnight.

OP
F

Fataliya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Luckily I only live about 5 minites from my Apple store, and there's one in Tampa in a bigger mall.

At this point, I don't know if I should just order online or not. I'm very impatient and the thought of waiting 5 weeks is not appealing.

CPSOX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
5 am this morning at Orland Park, IL Apple Store. First in line, 35-40 deep by 7:30. Only had 16 and 32 black wi-fi.

They limited purchases to 1 each. Which was good for the people at the back of the line, but crappy for me....wanted one for him and her. I see why they did it, but it still miffs me that all over the country you'd see Chinese guys with 20 kids buying as many as they could to ship back to the mothership at $1000+ profits.

nbg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got to a walmart supercenter at 3pm on release date, only 5 people in front of me, was in and out of the store in 2 hours and 15 minutes :D

OP
F

Fataliya

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple store in International Plaza in Tampa said they are getting a shipment tomorrow morning, but they don't know which ones. She said they hand out tickets at 8am.

Most reactions

Latest posts