What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Depressed

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have no idea what to do

First of all I come from Canada so Ipad2 is coming this friday

1) Ok I called the Apple Store and they said that they don't know if they will sell the Ipad2 from 10AM (When they open) Depends if they received them

2) When I called The Apple store they said that if I order online they will surely be a 5week shipping because canada and USA seems to share the same line on apple.ca (Reality or fiction)

3) The Future shop (Canada's best buy) is open at 10AM and they said they will receive about 12 Ipas TOTAL (not each) so I'm not sure if that will be good for me.

4) I doubt my boss will let me off friday AM

So should I try to wake at 4AM order online then go to the Mall at 6 AM (Opens at 8) And rush to the apple store door and wait there till 10AM?

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you definitely want one at launch, then yes, get there as early as possible and go with the Apple store and not another store as they'll have the most.

Ordering online is a good bet as well just so you're further ahead in the online queue if you happen to strike out trying to buy one locally. You can easily cancel it online anytime before it hit's the prepared for shipping stage which would be weeks away at this point.

Lifet1me

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ordering online is a good bet as well just so you're further ahead in the online queue if you happen to strike out trying to buy one locally. You can easily cancel it online anytime before it hit's the prepared for shipping stage which would be weeks away at this point.

rings a bell for me, since im in a similar position like ratatapa

yvrgal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok I have no idea what to do

First of all I come from Canada so Ipad2 is coming this friday

1) Ok I called the Apple Store and they said that they don't know if they will sell the Ipad2 from 10AM (When they open) Depends if they received them

2) When I called The Apple store they said that if I order online they will surely be a 5week shipping because canada and USA seems to share the same line on apple.ca (Reality or fiction)

3) The Future shop (Canada's best buy) is open at 10AM and they said they will receive about 12 Ipas TOTAL (not each) so I'm not sure if that will be good for me.

4) I doubt my boss will let me off friday AM

So should I try to wake at 4AM order online then go to the Mall at 6 AM (Opens at 8) And rush to the apple store door and wait there till 10AM?

From what I heard from London Drugs today is that they will start selling the iPad 2 at 5 PM just like the Apple Store and every authorized dealer. They don't know yet what they're getting but they did advise to call back the day before launch as they will have a better idea.

Good luck and hopefully you get one at launch day! :D

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The no agony method

Order it online when they open online sales for your country. Sit back. Relax.

I ordered mine in the first hour of 03/11 and it arrived yesterday, 03/22. No muss, no fuss, exactly what I wanted. No lines, no one sneezing on your shoulder. No snow drifts. Nada.

That was easy.

OP
R

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well maybe someone can tell me

I am able to get 7h00 Off Friday so I will be able to be there at 10h-10h30 (Store opens at 10AM and they sell it at 5PM EST)

I will wake up at 4AM to order it online so the store will be to test it

Now my questions is Does apple.ca and apple.com share stocks

When I called at the apple store yesterday they said that since apple.com is now at 5 week shipping

Even if I order at 4AM est the 25 they will be at 5week shipping too for apple.ca

Is that true or is it bullshit?

w/e it<s true or not i will be up, but I wanted to check

OP
R

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mmmm just though about it

Food wont be a problem in the line but what about peeing .... Need to find a friend in case I need to pee

Biggysmallz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This tread makes me laugh. Where I am they call me an Apple freak but this beats me. I hope the day never comes when I get depressed because I can't get to purchase an iPad 2.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wait for iPad 1 was much longer.

The first news of iPad was on January 27th. First deliveries in the States, April 3rd. First deliveries in Canada, May 28th which is the date I got mine. That was four months. They say there's a 4 week waiting list? Pffffff!You're getting it good I'd say...

OP
R

ratatapa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just called and they said they might give out tickets so we dont have to wait all day long

*wishes*

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes order online from your country I ordered online at apple.com on launch day march 11 at 4:18am got iPad yesterday march 21st

Most reactions