What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What sport do u like or play?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kevin--that has been my goal for the last 10 years! In fact, I actually went and bought a book called, "breaking a 100!"

Of course I still have not attained my goal, but one day I will. I'll be one happy camper when that day comes.

potatoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like all sports :D im 16 year old girl and i play soccer,rugby,volleyball and gaelic !and i have no free time lol cuz iv training everyday!! rugby is my favourite sport :)

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Me too. Theoretically, I can do it, on some reasonably difficult courses, but trying to get it all together in one round is proving to be a problem. Every round produces some gems; the kind of shots that bring you back for more, but my best ever performance was a par and a birdie in the same round, with a final score of about 105.

The R11 immediately added about 20-25 yards to my drive when compared to my R7, but that was on the golf simulator so I hope it translates to improvements on the course.

It seems the key is to add one shot to every hole, and to consider that to be your personal par. With a more realistic target, you are more likely to play the course rather than your scorecard. Of course, that's great in theory, and would actually give you a score of 90, but it hasn't worked for me yet, as I lack the discipline to lay up short and use the short game to get to the pin.

One thing about living in Alberta is that there is no shortage of courses. I have some seriously decent courses within a few minutes drive, and about a ten minute walk from my house to our local course. The downside is that the season only lasts from May to October.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For me it's about my distance and my golf management. I played with my new set late in the season last year, and boy had a hard time adjusting from steel to graphite. Hopefully, I can get to the dome and work things out in the next few weeks. We also have a gazillion courses around us, including a our University gold course right next door to our house. My husband loves it.

Well, we will probably be able to share scores soon. Hopefully won't be to embarrassing on my end, lol!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
For me it's about my distance and my golf management. I played with my new set late in the season last year, and boy had a hard time adjusting from steel to graphite. Hopefully, I can get to the dome and work things out in the next few weeks. We also have a gazillion courses around us, including a our University gold course right next door to our house. My husband loves it.

Well, we will probably be able to share scores soon. Hopefully won't be to embarrassing on my end, lol!

I look forward to it. Hopefully this will be the year for both of us to break 100.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
potatoes said:
I like all sports :D im 16 year old girl and i play soccer,rugby,volleyball and gaelic !and i have no free time lol cuz iv training everyday!! rugby is my favourite sport :)

Girls playing Rugby and Gaelic......I must be getting old!!

Welcome to the forum.

The Archangel

potatoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Gabriel1 said:
Girls playing Rugby and Gaelic......I must be getting old!!

Welcome to the forum.

The Archangel

yap rugby is class!!im not a fan of watching in on tv dou! us girls play rugby and gaelic just as gud as guys :D

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Isn't there an old saying about the difference between rugby and soccer? Rugby is a game played by savages, watched by gentlemen while soccer is a game played by gentlemen watched by savages.

I always preferred playing rugby, and watching Canadian football

potatoes

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Isn't there an old saying about the difference between rugby and soccer? Rugby is a game played by savages, watched by gentlemen while soccer is a game played by gentlemen watched by savages.

haha what would i be so since i play both ? :L a savage gentlemen :L

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:

I always thought it was the other way around, we always say that watching rugby is watching posh people having a punch up!

The Archangel

OP
S

sanada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ooh! Starting to train up for rugby! It's going good. All that means is that I'm spending less time with my IPad. I am cool with that!

Most reactions

Latest posts