What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What size ipad?

Laban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After almost a year of use I have exactly 2.3GB of free space left on my 64GB iPad and it has worked flawlessly regardless of the amount of space used. (P.S. Free space fluctuates depending on mood, activities planned, etc. If I'm travelling I'll have more movies than music. Normal weekdays, more music. etc.)

Currently -
Songs: 2,534
Videos: 47
Photos 83
Applications: 166

Would you (or someone else with a lots of apps) mind sharing how many apps you have and how much space they use all together?

Would help me out a lot in my decision.

Songs: 2,534 (Audio = 15.3 GB)
Videos: 47 (Video = 22.8GB)
Photos 83 (Photos = 0.20GB)
Applications: 166 (Apps = 17.3GB)
Books 349 (Books = 0.49GB)
(Other = 0.91GB)

Thank you! So according to your stats the average app is around 100 Mb. Do you have one huge app or is this really the case?

Is the app size that you can see in the App Store the size of the installation package or the size of the app once it is installed?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

Catfiend

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Laban said:
Thank you! So according to your stats the average app is around 100 Mb. Do you have one huge app or is this really the case?

Is the app size that you can see in the App Store the size of the installation package or the size of the app once it is installed?

Wow! I just checked and I show 114 apps, but only 5gb - and I know that one of those apps (an offline map of the US) accounts for 2gb all by itself.

normanj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Going to get an ipad for Christmas and I'm wondering which size memory wise i should get. I'm going to have around 50 apps and 3 movies.

A movie in SD is about 1GB - depending on length, of course. Apps are completely impossible to predict. Some apps are large - say if they contain maps for navigation - and could be 600MB-1GB - but most are just a couple of MB.

Tim

I just downloaded a movie - was 3 GB. I find most movies are 2GB and hour long TV shows are 0.5-1 depending on show.

I have the 32 GB version, but probably could have gotten by with 16.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Laban said:
And how much space (in Gb) does your 217 apps use?

Apps 11gb
Audio 5.9gb
Video 6.5gb
Photos 1.79gb
Books 1.5gb

HKWrite12

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love AirPlay. I thank for this forum and it's turning me to all of AppStore's many blessings. 3.20 well spent. When I move into a house, I'm latching onto the remote server. 50 gb saved!

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts