What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What music are you listening to right now!?!?

OP
TheRambler

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Listening to some wonderful Josh Ritter at the moment:)

Just searched him out on you tube, and im really impressed with this guy, lots of different styles, this one sounded very eu naturel when i first heard it, see what you guys and gals think!?!?

Sublime is awesome! Been listening to them for years:) Shame the way they ended though.

Very sad, Heroin overdose from what I've read, shame we'll never hear any more of there stuff, i loved the ska beats they had

Last edited by a moderator:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I had a music free day. Been training another driver. More of the same tomorrow.

Newton301

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello Friends !!!!
Dear Exact now a time I am listening a songs. other wise I mostly listen any business marketing lecture by any good professor. So any how now a time I am listening a songs of Michael Jackson. He is king of singers.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For some reason I woke up this morning humming "Gentle on my mind" so today I have been listening to John Hartford a lot. What a great song writer he was.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AdmiralAdama said:
Do you like the 1968 Patti Page cover?

AA

I don't think I have heard it (to my memory) but there have been so many covers of that song I may have done at some point.
I'll look it up now and give it a listen.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I quite like it but on this song I still prefer to hear just Hartford and the banjo.

There's a great clip of him on YouTube doing this stripped down version, the only thing he adds is a bit of extra shuffle rhythm with his feet from about half way through.

Obviously Glen's recording is the one that folk remember best and it is good but Tim O'Brien also does a nice version.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
have a listen to this,i love this song,and he is soooo talented

Cant stop watching this now.

axis

iPF Noob
Reaction score
poisonivy said:
have a listen to this,i love this song,and he is soooo talented
YouTube Link: http://youtu.be/rE-Why8N2I0

Yup have his last album (hand built ...), there is a new one out but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.

Edit, obviously meant first (the one from which the clip is taken) not last album.

Last edited:

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yup have his last album (hand built ...), there is a new one out but I haven't pulled the trigger yet.
i love him,his voice is so distinctive and what a musician,my son has seen him live and says he's just as good as in the video.

Hayz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Darren Hayes, Taken By The Sea, I am a huge fan of his, his music saved me from the darkness - less I say the better.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the TV networks did a story today on this song and how it's become sort of THE anthem for this summer. My wife and I just listened to it while we walked the dog and now she's got it on her iPhone/iPad too. :D: It IS pretty catchy.

The official version:

And a song hasn't "made it" these days until it's been parodied good and proper. This is my favorite.

Most reactions