What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What kind of car mount do you use?

mike.james

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you guys suggest any car mount solution for iPad? or iPad2.
Or dash mount. Not the one goes back side of passenger seat.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can you guys suggest any car mount solution for iPad? or iPad2.
Or dash mount. Not the one goes back side of passenger seat.
Thanks in advance.

I use the RAMMount with dual windshield suction cups. Solid as a rock. Purchased it from MountGuys web site. Not cheap but got it after I'd tried and returned a cheaper flimsier mount that just would not stay in place. I went for the dual suction cups as the thought of a single cup loosing its suction while driving was a bit scary.

The part that actually holds the iPad comes with different types of clips so you get to choose which suits you best. I picked a set that allows me to keep my iPad in its case, saves time and trouble.

OP
M

mike.james

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Self answer the question, I got one called "auto easel" from yabu.ca and it works pretty good. I can use it without taking off my book style case . And I can even adjust angle. The beauty of this thing is I can use it for other devices if I get new tablet in the future.
Yabuca auto easel

Last edited:

Yarrenbool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not so sure if iPad on your car is such a great idea...

It's a GREAT idea!

As a replacement GPS with a 10" screen I find it a lot safer than a 3" or 4" GPS. My iPad is in a solid holder that I can see easily with a quick glance then my eyes are back on the road. With any other tiny-screen GPS I have to take just a fraction longer to see the information I'm looking for, that fraction longer I'd rather spend looking at the road rather than the GPS.

I must state that I will NOT, EVER, use the background music options of iPad GPS apps while I am driving! Doing that does require taking your eyes off the road, that's as bad as texting while driving. Personally I won't use my cell phone, even hands-free, while driving but I do find, used correctly, the iPad GPS can make driving actually safer. But it all comes down to "used correctly".

Most reactions