What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is your job???

P.W.T.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How come you never answer your own threads or questions? That is no not fair!

what do you do for a living?

You so do not play fair ~ somewhat like iTunes.:mad:

I actually have one main job and 2 part time ~ I work with the developmentally disabled in the family support ~ I deal mainly with single moms that have lost their children, or will lose them or should lose them.

I also work with JSO ~ Juvenile Sex Offenders ~

And ~ I am our company Janitor! I clean my own office.:D
people jobs. lotsa humility in that.I had the rough and tumble life.got to go on an all expenses paid vacation offered by north Carolina,right at 4 years.drug offense.
they put me in a program, trained me as a motivational speaker for youth and families.I did it for 2 years still locked up,then went on to do volunteer work for the system upon release for about 4 more til the program shut down. it's great offering hope,asking nothing in return,and showing someone the path.
whats the old saying?A moral compass can only point you in the right direction, it cannot make you go there.i felt like a Moor scholar,who were also some of the greatest warriors and astrologers.

now,I sell construction and hurricane products for a small but honest company.integrity means alot to this old junkie for A change.
done construction my whole life,the physical side was kickin my but up to my shoulders.

Blackhart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
12 years Over the road 48 states never home living in in a box truck driver and loving it

my your upside be better then your downside

Loraco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
jasmynsway said:
I'm a hospital chaplain

May I recommend that you do not tell people that they are orphans now, like the hospital chaplain told my Sis and I when my father past away in 2009! I'm sure your not like that but it did kind of hit home today because it's my Dads Birthday today! Sorry to be a downer!

OP
FruitJuice

FruitJuice

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A great mix of jobs

Does anyone work for apple or Microsoft?

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a cabinet maker. I work for a mid sized company where we make high end displays for jewelry stores and watch manufacturers like Cartier, Rolex, IWC, Roman Times, Dubuis etc.

Ivan!! How IS that job going, babe?
Pretty well so far! I'm not tied to a specialized assembly table like the last time. I'm sent to any department that's overloaded to help with workflow. I can be doing assembly one day, metal work during the afternoon, finishing the next day, upholstery, basic lighting wiring, packing & shipping, etc.
I'm happier this way, it takes boredom out completely.:)

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pwned Pak said:
A great mix of jobs

Does anyone work for apple or Microsoft?

loraco and SweetPoison have both asked you what your job/s is/are, as we have told you what ours are. Come on don't be shy.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I fix small children and break computers.... Wait I got that backwards. I fix computers and break small children. :p .... That was a joke. I really do like working with the kids. It's why I also work on a grant funded after school program as well.

I work as sudo-IT support staff at a grade school. It's sudo because the district level is still figuring out what to do with "lab techs". We fill whatever tech role needs filling, from first responder IT to EdTech. That and they dont want to have to pay for real on site IT when they can get suckers like me to do the job for considerably less *sigh*, a good chunk of the work and very little of the admin access. At least it's a job inside a climate controlled building am I right? :D

Little kids using big laptops makes for funny and aggravating times. To date I've had one student throwup on a computer, many removed keys (finger picking good), two 3x5 name cards stuffed into slot loading DVD drives (hey they fit so they must go there right?), eraser bits stuffed into headphone ports (I... I have trouble grasping how it was rammed in there like gunpowder in a cannon)....

Ya. Thank goodness it's all MacBooks. I don't think I could keep up with both the hardware and software failure rates of Windows based machines (not to mention the virus counts), and what the kids get into. Didn't take them long to figure out how to invert the screen colors or mess with the contrast.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kids aren't they a pain. We have an IT manager and an assistant in our Secondary School in UK and teenagers are even worse. Un fortunately they go further than that and hack into everything, everything is blocked on the Internet, no YouTube access(banned). Need I go on. You are right, I expect their pay about the same as yours. Love for the job though!

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Visual effects artist, currently a technical director at Sony Pictures Imageworks on Green Lantern.

Most reactions

Latest posts