What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the iPad equivalent of Adobe

Expatriate

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My PC is an Adobe-free zone. At one website I frequent (Care2 e-cards) I am continually admonished for not having Adobe Flash v.9 or better. I figured to browse there on my iPad but I get no images at all. I guess it is a similar problem.
What is the iPad equivalent of Adobe Flash? I searched the AppStore. There are a zillion Adobe apps but no Flash.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
My PC is an Adobe-free zone. At one website I frequent (Care2 e-cards) I am continually admonished for not having Adobe Flash v.9 or better. I figured to browse there on my iPad but I get no images at all. I guess it is a similar problem.
What is the iPad equivalent of Adobe Flash? I searched the AppStore. There are a zillion Adobe apps but no Flash.
Apple iOS devices have never supported Flash. A workaround is to download a browser app such as Puffin Browser that converts Flash content online and sends it to the iPad in a form that will play. This does, however, come at a price. Resolution is lower and it uses a lot of battery power.

Most websites are now supporting HTML5 as a better replacement for Flash.

Recently, Adobe has announced that development and distribution of Flash will stop in 2020. https://www.google.ca/amp/appleinsi...ife-plans-will-stop-distribution-in-2020/amp/

Flash & The Future of Interactive Content

Steve Jobs thoughts on Flash.
Thoughts on Flash - Apple

Here’s a Forum thread about Flash on the iPad. Flash and the iPad

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts