What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 Jailbreak and Adobe Flash

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am a definite newbie - I have always been a PC'er and in the recent past I purchased both the iPad and now the iPad 2, one of things that has always bothered me about both iPads is the fact that I can't use flash and this has been very frustrating in that many websites are unavailable to me because of Flash. If I use a Jailbreak will it be possible to install Adobe Flash. I am seriously considering getting rid of both iPads in favor of another vendors tablet. Can anyone help.

Brian

OP
brpkelly

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
brpkelly said:
I am a definite newbie - I have always been a PC'er and in the recent past I purchased both the iPad and now the iPad 2, one of things that has always bothered me about both iPads is the fact that I can't use flash and this has been very frustrating in that many websites are unavailable to me because of Flash. If I use a Jailbreak will it be possible to install Adobe Flash. I am seriously considering getting rid of both iPads in favor of another vendors tablet. Can anyone help.

Brian

ok now i know the answer to my own question. The answer is yes - all I need to do is install Frash, can anyone tell me how good is Frash, from what I have read since asking the question minutes ago, it appears it might be buggy. Is this the case? So far I haven't jail broken either iPad. Is there any other alternatives to Jb'ing my iPad. I will continue to search and appreciate any info others might have. TIA (Thanks in Advance)

Brian

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Brian and welcome to the Forum. Flash isn't a topic for discussion here as it has been discussed at length many many many times. As you have already discovered there are many threads on the topic and your best bet is to peruse through these threads. Having said that you will find that searching is the best way to find the answers that you seek on any topic, if then you can't find what you are looking for, by all means post your question, there are many friendly and informed members only too willing to help you. Welcome once again!!
Enjoy!!

OP
brpkelly

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you for the info, I am on my journey as we speak.

OP
brpkelly

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
leelai said:
Hi Brian and welcome to the Forum. Flash isn't a topic for discussion here as it has been discussed at length many many many times. As you have already discovered there are many threads on the topic and your best bet is to peruse through these threads. Having said that you will find that searching is the best way to find the answers that you seek on any topic, if then you can't find what you are looking for, by all means post your question, there are many friendly and informed members only too willing to help you. Welcome once again!!
Enjoy!!

Thanks leelai. Having found much of the information myself in the forums and hang begun to implement it already I guess the nagging question I have is why so much effort to do things that are seemingly so basic. I have enjoyed using my iPads despite the limitations, but I am wondering why I should continue given that time is money and I use these for my businesses and in days of yore I did enjoy learning and exploiting the hidden gems, but today I much prefer functionality without effort. When I began using the iPad and then the iPad 2 there were no real contenders on the market. Now there seems to be a plethora of products to choose from which at least as advertised provide unfettered access to the web. I only ask because I am seriously considering going back to what I know. Note I am a Blackberry kind of guy, my business takes me internationally and the iphone at least domestically up until this latest version just released for which I know nothing about was or still is incapable of international calling. Can you comment. I apologize if I am violating forum protocol. Again TIA

Brian

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Frash is no longer supported and no longer works.....
There are many 3rd party apps in the app store that will support flash but the content is hosted on their servers and is advised to be on wifi. Perhaps the flash content you are looking for has an ios app for your idevice. If you have a pc then my suggestion is .....splashtop.....

OP
brpkelly

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Frash is no longer supported and no longer works.....
There are many 3rd party apps in the app store that will support flash but the content is hosted on their servers and is advised to be on wifi. Perhaps the flash content you are looking for has an ios app for your idevice. If you have a pc then my suggestion is .....splashtop.....

Thanks Outl4w for the info concerning Frash. Pardon my ignorance but what does the phrase "splashtop" mean and yes I am that ignorant and not afraid to admit it :).

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Splashtop is an rdp app to allow remote acces to your pc to watch the full flash boat including sound. You have to install the free streamer program from their website. And by simply having a gmail address, you can access your pc from around the world. No port forwarding necessary.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There's a free, limited-viewing-time version availlable too, so you can try it risk free.

Tim

OP
brpkelly

brpkelly

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OUTL4W said:
Splashtop is an rdp app to allow remote acces to your pc to watch the full flash boat including sound. You have to install the free streamer program from their website. And by simply having a gmail address, you can access your pc from around the world. No port forwarding necessary.

Thanks for that nugget of knowledge that I shall try. That could be extremely useful.

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also to add many flash sites have been ported over to ios apps for streaming content.

Also add dropbox to the list for transfer files between pc and ipad's. Install free pc program from their website. 2gb free storage with subscription for anything larger needed.

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
is why so much effort to do things that are seemingly so basic.

Welcome, Brian! I remember thinking this very same question when I got my iPad. Like....where are the instructions? Helloooo? What product comes and in the box are NO instructions! Really? And I of all people knew nothing about Apple products. Then I googled and found IPF, here, and never looked back and of course our local Apple store really really knows me now as I was there every day for a week!

Sorry about Frash. And then the workarounds for Flash are sluggish, unpredictable and I do not think free. Flash is just not supported by any Apple products. But you will love Splastop and Dropbox!

Most reactions

Latest posts