What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is the best app to use for iPad 2 to create Wifi Hotspot

SONY007

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What it is I'm in Thailand for a bit and have brought my ATV 2 with me more viewing options. The thing is the wifi where I'm staying is very weak and I'm having trouble connecting my ATV to their wifi. What I want to do is get a local 3G sim package for my ipad 2 which I've bought already but now I need to create a wifi hotspot that works so my ATV can see it. I've just tried one called PDANet but that's works via Bluetooth and USB so I was unable to use that, I also tried Tetherme, again no joy there. My iPad is on 5.0.1. I use to use an app for my IPhone called MyWi which was great at the time but this appears to be no longer compatible with IOS 5, is there an app out there that can work as effortlessly as MyWi for the Ipad2?

Cheers

iGeturit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pdanet is a beast. If your iPhone is jail broken on iOS 5.1.1 or under you can broadcast a signal from there to iPad. Not only with USB and Bluetooth. I believe the full version works best.

Moderation Notice: This post has been edited by a member of staff in accordance with the Hacking Section Rules. Our rules clearly sate that discussion or promotion of piracy or stealing software is forbidden here. Please never encourage members to attempt to get a paid app for free!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Last edited by a moderator:

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
PDANet is a a great app. If you feel that way too, then do not encourage folks to steal it. This is against our rules. This time you get a friendly warning, but please re-read the rules you signed up to when you joined our forum. Further posts like this may result in a ban.
Thanks for your understanding.
f4780y - iPadForums Staff.

Most reactions

Latest posts