What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPad 2 WiFi and MyWi

iNTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have mywi on my iPhone 4 and would use it on my laptop for when i had no wifi or if wifi was pay to use but haven't used it since AT&T contacted me.

Well now I have an iPad 2 wifi only. Can I tether to my iPhone and not have AT&T threaten me that I will lose my unlimited data plan?

Irish Rose

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If AT&T already send you the text about tethering, I wouldn't even think about using MyWi again. They are serious and will switch you off of the unlimited data plan. Since you are using a jailbroken iPhone 4, you can do what I do. I downloaded a free tethering app from Cydia called "PdaNet", and tether my iPhone 4 with my iPad 2 from that. PdaNet has a feature that will hide your data usage from AT&T once you enable. Here is a screenshot of the app on my iPhone 4 that shows how to hide your data usage. I've been using this app for a while now and have not received the text that others are getting from AT&T.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using iPF

Attachments

• image-4153700767.png
    image-4153700767.png
    98.3 KB · Views: 692

ZibaWal

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm, cydia is not letting me install

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

iNTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I herd about that. I'll give it a try.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
ZibaWal said:
Hmmm, cydia is not letting me install as it is saying something abt sinful package.

Tread carefully, read the rules in my sig, and Don't be a Pirate!

OP
I

iNTK

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The app is free btw. lol

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So has anyone proved that pdanets hide feature works.?? I've read mixed reviews. I think I'll try it ???

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been tethering my iPad 2 to my iPhone 4 without a hitch..

I won't dare tether my laptop because I think that's how they can tell.. The iPad is considered a mobile device and has the same footprint as the iPhone 4.. Or at least that's how it seems..

I haven't gotten the text from AT&T yet, and I've been tethering the iPad 2 heavy since launch day..

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Assassin which app are u using to tether? Mywi or pdanet? I got the letter but I think I did ether my laptop too a couple of times. Trying pdanet just a little test.

Davefewox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All these discussions about getting caught tethering ways around etc may be unnecessary ..AT&T has been very liberal about letting me switch data plans right from the iPhone app. They pro rate very fairly..so if I'm about to go over or wanna tether is seems I could just "turn on " the 40$ tethering plan for part of the month..I've been switching back and goth from 200mb to 2gb for ages

Silent Assassin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Davefewox said:
Assassin which app are u using to tether? Mywi or pdanet? I got the letter but I think I did ether my laptop too a couple of times. Trying pdanet just a little test.

I use MyWi exclusively, and NEVER tether a laptop.. Only the iPad...

Sent from Jailbroken my iPad Deux (32gb WiFi iOS4.3).. d(-_-)b

Most reactions

Latest posts