What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is it?

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
Ok, looks like the Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera.

Polaroid SX-70 Land Camera

Kevin can have this if he wants, btw. I don't have anything much to challenge with at the moment. Just couldn't resist the quick search and reply with all those clues to work with.

You are correct,twerppoet,it is indeed the SX-70 camera.

image-809936013.jpg

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Dredging the depths of memory, I think Land was the name of the guy who invented them.

Kevin,twerppoet says you can have this challenge.Take it away.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
No. Carbon monoxide is fairly innocuous compared to the gas I use that monitor for.

In 1998 3 workers in Saskatchewan were killed by exposure to this gas.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Hydrogen sulphide gas.

Correct. Found in massive quantities in the oil and gas industry, although the SK deaths were in the agricultural sector. Deadly at 700 parts per million.

Over to you.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
stranding said:
(Crossed messages.)
Yes! Almost exactly right and near enough to give you that. (If there is anyone in the dark, the Diamond Jubilee was to celebrate our Queen Elizabeth II's 60 years on the throne.)

The photo wasn't taken in London but from our own garden which is very near Brize Norton, one of their temp bases in Oxfordshire. After a display, they often arrive back & give us a very, very loud, freebie spectacular display. My husband happened to be out with camera ready, just pointed it up & took some amazing shots. Here are a few of them:

You are so lucky to have those displays.

I miss the displays when the Biggin Hill air show was in existence. We watched planes going to and from the show, and had great sound effects and glimpses of the a red Arrows as they manoeuvred around our home.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

OP
scifan57

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Due to the inactivity on the thread,I am invoking the inactivity clause and posting a challenge.

What is this? How is it used?

image-1223478664.jpg

stranding

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Richard Brown said:
You are so lucky to have those displays.
I miss the displays when the Biggin Hill air show was in existence. We watched planes going to and from the show, and had great sound effects and glimpses of the a red Arrows as they manoeuvred around our home.

Ah, Biggin Hill, remember it well...

Yes, lucky for those really interested in planes.

Must admit, for me, most of the time it's: "that's quite a big one..." though I can now spot a Chinook and a C17 (because it flies with its little fingers stuck up like the queen drinking tea!)

BUT the Red Arrows, Concorde, Spitfires, Hercules, Vulcan Bomber are all Something Else!! They have all flown over us at various times here.

Sadly, all the military repatriations now arrive at Brize all too regularly & travel on by car to the Oxford Coroner, who copes with every one.

( With apols for lurching off- thread)

Most reactions

Latest posts