What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is Apple thinking???

lightning_azure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Based on the date of the first batch international release of ipad, is apple going to announce the availablility of the second international release on the 9th of July 2010?? For 1 point I really don't understand why they are still delaying the annoucement. For I know, many people still find that the ipad got a bit flaws, if the other competitors manage to come out a similiar product but without the flaws of ipad, then it will surely affect the sales of ipad.

:mad:

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What you need to know setting up iTunes ipad sites and book publishers in each country takes time not to mention government red tape for the iPad 3G. That is one of the main reasons for the delays other than lack of stock as demand has been excessive I would not worry about other brands as they currently do not exist it will take until after september before any one provides something similar and even then it will in no way be the same. I welcome competition is makes life interesting

OP
L

lightning_azure

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If for iBooks app I'm not that sure, but for iTunes are they any different from iPhone?? Lack of stock? Are you kidding me? Is that a lame excuse or is it Apple's own bad marketing? What's making me annoyed is that Ipad is announce much more earlier than Iphone 4, yet Iphone 4 is avaliable at the same month as the Ipad??
Sigh.... I won't be surprise if a similiar product is available sooner than Ipad. Don't forget China is very good at copy cat product.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Based on the date of the first batch international release of ipad, is apple going to announce the availablility of the second international release on the 9th of July 2010??

I'm unclear on what you're saying. Apple has always planned a staggered international roll-out and they're continuing as planned. This has nothing to do with competition concerns, and more to do with production capacity. Delays would have been huge if try had done a single worldwide launch.

As for the competition releasing something "better" (in the next 3 weeks, no less!), that's pretty unlikely. You don't exactly knock these together in your garage over a weekend. The iPad's purported flaws are the result of the compromises designers need to make for any device. No one will make a perfect version, they'll make different compromises that some people might find more palatable.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Two posts and both negative? Apple is the top tech company in the world now. That does not happen without a good game plan. Yes others will have products to compete, but so far nothing is near the quality experience of the iPad. If Apple feels they have a serious threat, they will whip out some of the tricks they have in reserve. The rule of good business is to make gradual improvements. If you do too much, too soon, there is an increased chance of problems which leads to reduced public confidence.

Teacher's Pet

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have to agree with Col. Competition is a good thing, but I don't see any real competition anytime soon. I bought my iPad thinking it was just temporary until I bough a tablet running windows 7. However, this mindset was because I bought it not having seen an iPad in person or done much research. Once I got my hands on it and was surprised to see it's capabilities, I realized that there won't be anything to compete with it anytime soon. I wouldn't trade it for a windows 7 tablet with DVD drive and and a 256 GB of solid state memory, because of how well this works and how important the app store is to a device like this. I don't take imitation or thrown together knock offs very seriously, but if I did, they wouldn't be running the os that the iPad has going for it.

Matth3w

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The problem with the other devices are that turning a tablet into something that can work with a touch interface on Windows 7 or something else are usually crap, where OS 4.0 or whatever was designed from the ground up to be a touch interface OS.

I would never buy a tablet without Android or iOS on it...because anything else (unless it's late and I'm forgetting something) was designed for a mouse and keyboard, if that makes sense. I would never want to navigate through the start menu, for example, in touch mode.

Most reactions

Latest posts