What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What iPad model will you buy?

What model iPad is for you?

• Apple iPad Wi-Fi 16GB - $499

Votes: 51 14.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 32GB - $599

Votes: 54 15.4%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi 64GB - $699

Votes: 65 18.6%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 16GB - $629

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 32GB - $729

Votes: 56 16.0%
  • Apple iPad Wi-Fi + 3G 64GB - $829

Votes: 95 27.1%

• Total voters

rob the elder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't tell the wife but I have
5 laptops
1 netbook
6 desk tops
4 ATVs
3 WHS servers
running at home currently. All are connected via Apple Extreme 5ghz and gigabit LAN.

I have at last count 8000 tunes, 1100 movies and a bunch of tv shows on the servers which we stream to the ATVs via ITUNES and to Win7 boxes directly.

My IPAD will be an interface to the network and will seldom if ever leave the house. I have 4 different sized laptops for travel missions. Besides, I am never more than 50 feet from WOW and Planetside.

So the wireless 16Gig is fine for my needs.

AKNorth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Pre-ordered the 32gb wi-fi. My Touch is the same size and have only used about 20gb so factoring a few gigs more for the iPad makes sense to me. Will consider upgrading as newer versions come out.

jwookie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went around and around about which to buy and I'm with you AKNorth, I got the 32gb WiFi, I think it will be perfect! I originally planned to order online, but I can't get Sat. shipping and the store isn't very far, so I decided to hang out with the other iPad fans at the store. YAY! Can't wait!!!!

V6668lsc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Replacement for my Palm and other items

I ordered the 32mg w/WiFi & 3G. Willing to wait until later in April. Also ordered keyboard dock and case. Ordered as soon as I could online on the 12th. My Palm is finally dieing, and needs replacement, plus I envison using I-Works at the NY State Archives and other facilities for research and note taking. Just Published my first book using MS Office on my MacBook Pro using both WinXP and Leopard OS.
Also own an ITouch and 2nd gen. Ipod. I also have a Sony Ereader which is nice, but not nearly as nice as the IPad.
My only question is how much memory does the OS use and what is left for the user! No one at my local Apple store could answer that, and the Apple tech data on line does not cover that issue. They indicate a memory card tray, but will it take an SD Card?

iWant!

iPF Noob
Reaction score
64 GB Wi-Fi looks great! It's still not too expensive, and with the keyboard dock it would be perfect!

Although I think I could do plenty with a 32 GB as well. :p

jamaicaboy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i will get 32gb wi-fi if UK pricing is ok and we don't get ripped like we usually do here in good old blighty .

Traveler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ordered the 64GB WiFi only model. I have a great Nokia phone that runs an app called Joikuspot which turns my phone into a WiFi hotspot anywhere in the world, so no need to buy any additional 3G coverage.

I'm mostly going to use the iPad for traveling, which I do quite a lot of. I'm not sure I'll ever use it at home, but it looks to be perfect for airports, airplanes and hotels. I need to carry my work laptop regardless, as it has encrypted data and tools that won't work on a tablet or netbook, so for me the iPad is purely an entertainment device. I ordered the largest memory model as I'll be replacing my Archos 80GB PMP for watching movies (I can't wait for the larger screen!) and my Kindle for eBooks, as well as my iPod for music and Audible books. In addition, I'll use it for personal web browsing, playing games, and amusing myself with apps like GateGuru, even though it's limited to US airports.

United now has WiFi on their transcontinental flights, and while it's slow, it would be nice to do a quick email check, surf a bit, or even IM between movies without having to haul out the laptop and wait for it to boot up. Besides, even in business class there's not much room for a laptop and a snack on the tray table.

iBud

iPF Noob
Reaction score
32GB for me good enough price and plenty of room.
Cant you erase content anyway?
Lets say you download a couple of books that sorta sucked you can just delete them and save space right?

Most reactions

Latest posts