What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's a picture I took after one of my walks today around campus!

A little different....

View attachment 46718

The Oakland Grizzly!! :)

Rrrroar!!!

Skimonkey ~~ sent from my iPad MINI using iPF

Wow ski, be glad that's only a statue:) That campus looks to be a nice place to spend the working day: nicely tended gardens and beaut walks.
Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
And we have squirrels now in the Philippines. Somebody brought a pair and just released (or accidentally escaped) it here in the city. Those that aren't familiar, are amazed, feeds, and takes pictures up close , not knowing the disease and danger it can inflict to children.

Hi quake! Now that's interesting. I did not know that, you living practically "next door" to Australia. We don't have squirrels here, or don't think we have, as our native furry friends are marsupials. But check out this link:)
http://www.scarysquirrel.org/vacation/australia/
Andrew

quake5254

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi quake! Now that's interesting. I did not know that, you living practically "next door" to Australia. We don't have squirrels here, or don't think we have, as our native furry friends are marsupials. But check out this link:)
http://www.scarysquirrel.org/vacation/australia/
Andrew

Hahahaha, that was interesting and funny! Thanks for sharing.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The ever alert squirrel, always on the lookout for danger.

image-143776024.jpg Seen on my way home from work.

rjkgr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I see nothing... i dont have a backyard but those pictures are really cool and i wish i could see them.

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tuesday-I went for a walk on our university campus and noted the leaves on the trees starting to change...:(

Not ready for Fall just yet! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377202649.690216.jpg

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Parakeets! Loads of them. About 20 are roosting in our trees. They move around so quickly that its hard to film them....

image-1807362299.jpg

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
What happened Richard?..someone spring them from an aviary some where?

Yes, about 15 years ago. They have been breeding like wildfire and their colonies are spreading outwards. It was 15 years ago when I saw a pair in Greenwich Park.

dianne137

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Watched a doc about a guy in San Francisco who fed hundreds of parrots and parakeets ...amazing....they to where farrel.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, about 15 years ago. They have been breeding like wildfire and their colonies are spreading outwards. It was 15 years ago when I saw a pair in Greenwich Park.

I saw a trailer for a wildlife programme to be shown this week on BBC2 and I believe that they are going to be featured in it.

The Archangel

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow--parakeets!

I'd love to get a few here to take some pics of them!

Boy have we got parakeets, lorikeets, cockatoos, galahs, rozellas, budgerigars and other specimens of the parrot family all over the place down here, all shapes and sizes, all colours.
http://photogallery.canberrabirds.org.au/parrots.htm
We had a whole bunch in the neighbours back yard adjoining ours yesterday. I must say they are a very screechy noisy lot, but entertaining;)
Andrew

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
With a week to go before the start here of winter June 1, I posted the above picture of our young silver birch "Alby" who was only just starting to think of turning his leaves to a golden Autumn colour. Well, it's taken some talking to him when picking up the morning paper, (if Prince Charles can talk to and hug trees, why shouldn't I?... I know, I know)
Anyway, a week into our winter, here's Alby now.

gy2ahary.jpg

We're quite proud of him, seeing he is the only deciduous tree in the street and had no other tree to copy from, all others being native flora;)

Andrew
While I'm here, just a quick update on my little birch tree "Alby" as illustrated above. With only three days of winter left, this is what Alby looks like now, just a stick figure and not even a shadow of his former self;)
nuqe7yha.jpg

But another month and he'll "twig" to the fact that it's well into Spring, and he'll start budding into those lovely pale green leaves.
Andrew

Most reactions

Latest posts