What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What I see in my backyard...

OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a great photo! And what a nice, peaceful residential division you live in skimonkey. Is there a protected wooded area or sheltered scrub nearby for them to retire to?
Now looking for a smiley that depicts envy:)
Andrew

We are lucky in the sense that our subdivision is quire large with large lots. Many of the homes have large pine trees and other tress for deer to take cover for a temporary rest. We do have a large land of property which is next to us. That belongs to our local University. So they come and go from the campus into our sub quite often! :)

Ouch . . . Ouch . . . SCREAMMMMM . . . Ouch Ouch . . .
The ANTS . .
How such a small creature creates so much pain . . . must have been bitten by half dozen of them . . . .:mad:
Blessed those who never been bitten.;)

I've been bit several times by ants...I feel for you. You don't feel them crawling on you until they bite! Ouch is right! :(

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ouch . . . Ouch . . . SCREAMMMMM . . . Ouch Ouch . . .
The ANTS . .
How such a small creature creates so much pain . . . must have been bitten by half dozen of them . . . .:mad:
Blessed those who never been bitten.;)
LOL you aint been properly bit until you've been bit by a good ol' Aussie bull ant!
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Bull-ants
But I agree with you. Their size is completely out of proprtion to the pain they can inflict and you don't want too many of them at a picnic:(
Andrew

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Two dragonflies, different ones than yesterday - they were enjoying the sunshine before it started raining.
image.jpg

image.jpg

MadChef

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fire ants are the worst,here in Florida. They can swarm on you and you don't know they are there and then they all start biting at once. The bites itch like crazy and then weep for days. I have a few bite marks from years ago. I especially have to keep an eye on the dog. She will lay out on the yard and deck and just one will cause her ti itch for a few days.

squib

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You're welcome! I haven't seen a spotted baby deer since I was a girl! How delightful to live where you do, where you can leave food out and have THOSE sweeties show up! I remember when the squirrels show up and I loved that , but THIS one really made me VERY, VERY happy!
Thanks ski, again for posting these photos that make me so happy! JOY!!!
We have to be careful what we put in the compost here! We are even told this year to pick any fruit or berries ASAP because we haven't had rain, so the bears are coming in people yards. to find food! Also, apparently the peach trees especially are being targeted by wasps, which ruin a whole peach with one hole they bore into it! I think I'd like where you live better! There was a cougar that streaked past me one night when I was out walking! That was frightening! Cougar attracts are common as well as fatal here in B.C. And the next province Alberta!
Squib/Diane.

Last edited:
OP
skimonkey

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You're welcome! I haven't seen a spotted baby deer since I was a girl! How delightful to live where you do, where you can leave food out and have THOSE sweeties show up! I remember when the squirrels show up and I loved that , but THIS one really made me VERY, VERY happy!
Thanks ski, again for posting these photos that make me so happy! JOY!!!
We have to be careful what we put in the compost here! We are even told this year to pick any fruit or berries ASAP because we haven't had rain, so the bears are coming in people yards. to find food! Also, apparently the peach trees especially are being targeted by wasps, which ruin a whole peach with one hole they bore into it! I think I'd like where you live better! There was a cougar that streaked past me one night when I was out walking! That was frightening! Cougar attracts are common as well as fatal here in B.C. And the next province Alberta!
Squib/Diane.

Gosh Diane..you have all sorts of wildlife close by...some I don't think I'd want hanging around. Cougar...heck no! I'd be scared as heck and running the other way...thought that'd probably not be the wisest thing to do!

A few evenings ago...we were outside enjoying a cocktail and chomping in shelled peanuts..and along side came a deer just 10 feet from us! :)
image.jpg

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Gosh Diane..you have all sorts of wildlife close by...some I don't think I'd want hanging around. Cougar...heck no! I'd be scared as heck and running the other way...thought that'd probably not be the wisest thing to do!

A few evenings ago...we were outside enjoying a cocktail and chomping in shelled peanuts..and along side came a deer just 10 feet from us! :) View attachment 60175
That's a great shot of a deer in your yard. I especially like your choice of imported Canadian beer.
I live too far inside my city to have deer come anywhere near my yard.:(

Last edited:

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
That's a great shot of a deer in your yard. I especially like your choice of imported Canadian beer.
I live too far inside my city to have deer come anywhere near my yard.:(
Freudian typo? ;)

@skimonkey Before the houses vis-à-vis were built, we also saw rabbits, foxes and deer in our street. :)

Last edited:

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever try without it?

I always thought that you're living somewhere on the outskirts, when I saw the photos you posted from your street.
At the end of my block is a large park, one of a series of connected parks running across the city totalling several thousand acres in total size. That and the thousands of trees lining the streets in my area of the city make it seem closer to the countryside than it really is.
Auto correct does have its uses, such as capitalizing the proper letters when typing words such as iPhone.

Most reactions