What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Go for it

My wife and I think we're going to use it as Christmas presents to our children this season. 18, 14, 11.
Bad idea?

Sent from my White Verizon 32GB iPadusing iPF

I think it's an ideal gift for Christmas. The 14 and 11 yr olds can do a lot of school related things on it since there are lots of apps out for them. The 18 yr. probably games or for college if they attend or are planning on attending.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
If I had younger children I'd do it. The education related apps alone are a treasure. It won't be long before slates replace
notebooks and textbooks. Children will no longer have chronic back pain by age 16 because of lugging around 100 lbs of books.
And they won't be bankrupt leaving college because they paid a scandalous amount of money for physical textbooks.

AA

Chuck6264

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad has by far been the most functional device I have ever owned. I write music on it, record music on it, read music, on it, do word processing on it, play games on it, and with the latest Direct TV app watch TV on it.

amitabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gentlefury said:
I'm guessing this is a joke.....

Honestly the only negativity I've read are from people that don't own an iPad.

Lol so true

amitabh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I bought the 64gig 3G white iPad 2 and am currently setting it up for use in live gigs with my band. Downloaded the minimoog app as well as the amplitude, for synthesizer and vocal effects too. Are there any apps specially designed for vocal processing only, and not with the imic please..can't use that mic live?

Cheers

Stevenking95

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hey i have a question here please help.. i have 16gb wifi ipad2 ...im usually for gaming but after i download many game i feel the ipad game file size is bigger thant iphone ?like infinity blade when download is 500MB++ after install is 900MB...

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Made a few YouTube videos of the view out of my windshield, with soundtrack provided by my iPhone plugged into the truck sound system.

Here's one of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that I have my iPhone, arguably I use my iPad less during the day, and don't use iMessage on it anymore. I still use it for a half hour before I get up, in class, and an hour until bed. Also tweet during games and such.

Apps I use daily:
1. Bible app, I am doing a read the Bible in a year thing
2. Mail
3. Echofon/twitter
4. Facebook
5. IPF
6. iBooks / Kindle

Apps I use fairly often:
1. Hearts / Sudoku / Mahjong / games
2. The Onion / USA Today / Politico
3. Skype / FaceTime

Reading the news and playing games is just better on my iPad, period! Same with video chatting, though the iPad is awkward to hold. Worth it.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

Karpas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My childrens very like to play with it. So I'm using it only for games now.

Kenny1954

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use mine while I'm waiting for jobs in my taxi. Films, music, tv shows help to pass the time.

I also have found most of the wifi hot spots in the area.

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I install cctv, so i attach ipad2 to clients WiFi and use it to view cameras as the client can see them :)

Most reactions

Latest posts