What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mimshacktee said:
Well I use mine for mails, movies, games - particularly useful on long plane and bus rides. I follow up my podcasts on it. Definitely my main web browsing gadget. I do basic document editing on it, it's now my new alarm clock with the advent of wake n shake on the AppStore. I follow news on it, its my main devotional tool with my bibles and all,......it's more like, what don't I do with it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I forgot to add ....my baby sitter. The iPad keeps my nephew and nice fully occupied when they come visiting freeing me up to do other things 

Sent from my iPad using iPF

skanter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So many things. It will replace my paper Day-Timer to start. Calendar, contacts, notes, and integrate with Exchange for Calendar and contacts as well as e-mail. Web browsing will be handy when I'm out and about. I'm also looking forward to using it as a remote console for my servers when I need quick access from someones desk. Then of course, there's sitting on the couch reading the news and generally browsing the web to keep up with the world, reading books, of course. Playing solitaire during those long boring conference calls, and using it to keep notes of stuff I need to take out of meetings.

It will most likely replace my laptop as my traveling companion when I have to take short trips for work and don't need all the power of my laptop and I'm sure I'll load up a movie or 2 when I'm on vacation. Come to think of it, a movie would be nice to have sometimes when I'm camping. When the weather turns bad, it's nice to have a distraction.

Do you use calendar app to replace paper daytimer, or a different app.

Hard to wean myself from DT appt book, have used it for 30 years. :)

Jrs22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have my leather daytime cover! I moved from that to a palm with datebk6 years ago. When I bought an iPod touch to replace the palm PDA, I bought Pocket Informant and so I added the hd version when I bought the iPad. There are threads that discuss the relative merits of PI and other calendar/organizer apps.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I seem to be playing more games! I enjoy solitaire. Angry Birds is most amusing. I've just found more good freebies: Aquaduct is good, the can shooter is a little naff. And joy oh joy there is Bridge, with a free tutorial.

I will still have to keep the sound off so as not to annoy my wife. :(



Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only having had mine a relatively short time, it is taking over most if what I did on the laptop.With most apps I use being on both devices It also makes my iphon4 a 'mini me' of iPad, having a phone and satnav.

It was like other members bought to watch movies on holiday trips, check flights etc. I don't know how long it would play movies fir from one full charge, I think more than the iPhone or possibly the Androids.

Seems the vast resource of apps, most a very cheap cost, my usage will be affected by being able to try different things even skills at very minimal additional costs.

If you compare to PC platform software costs, you allowed ti have the software in 3 machines with no added software costs the ipad2 starts to seem a very cheap and highly versatile device.

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Re the games. The freebie Wacamonsta is very addictive. I also like the ball potting game.

cartergray

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use it for everything. Reading book, using it for recipies in the kitchen, for games, as an on the go word processor with the Pages app... everything :)

dale66

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At the beginning there were people that said that the iPad wasn't going to replace a computer. I personally think, that it has. A great advantage, its size. You can take it anywhere.
In the morning I'm woke up by my iPads Alarm. Then I check the weather with my weather app and then I read the news. Going to work, I use a GPS App that also tells me how busy the roads are. This helps me not getting late to work. At work, I take notes, use the calculator, surf , send e-mails, text message my wife, and even call people via Skype. And the list continues. Now the new question is : Who can live without an iPad?

ScarletSiren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on the brink of ordering an iPad and I intend on using it for the following

Photography (will be getting the camera connector kit also) LOVE post processing on the laptop and iPhone so excited to use the apps I have in conjunction with the photos I take
e-books (I'm an avid reader)
Magazines
Web surfiing and social networking
Work - the iPad will be SO handy
Study - especially for note taking

I'm unlikely to watch TV shows and movies on it, but it's a nice little bonus for me especially when traveling.
Music, again, unlikely as I have an iPhone and I'll stick with that :)

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ScarletSiren said:
I'm on the brink of ordering an iPad and I intend on using it for the following

Photography (will be getting the camera connector kit also) LOVE post processing on the laptop and iPhone so excited to use the apps I have in conjunction with the photos I take
e-books (I'm an avid reader)
Magazines
Web surfiing and social networking
Work - the iPad will be SO handy
Study - especially for note taking

I'm unlikely to watch TV shows and movies on it, but it's a nice little bonus for me especially when traveling.
Music, again, unlikely as I have an iPhone and I'll stick with that :)

Hi Scarlet. The iPod is a great photo album. Items to process everything on the PC. Then reduce the image size to 800 x 699 format which works well for viewing and keeps the file size down. I use Photobucket to upload / download images.   :)

speE67ight

iPF Noob
Reaction score
reading writing and so on
huang1.jpg

huang2.jpg

huang3.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts