What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

kountzer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Note taking: they are always changing procedures at work. I plan to use the Ipad note taking abilities to keep up with this.
additional television. There are certain christian television channels that also broadcast on the internet. I use the ipad to
watch these in various parts of the house.
I also like using the ipad to surf wifi while at lunch at work. I only have an hour for lunch. The ipad sets up really fast.

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
At work the device is invaluable as a quick reference tool especially, with all of news and information apps that are available.
At home it's for fun. We don't have a panel TV yet so this is it. Netflix displays beautifully. I catch up on the few TV shows that I like using the CTV, Global and CITY TV apps. If only I could plays Gears of War 3 on it. :)
Before traveling I download a heap of video to keep me entertained.
Simply an amazing machine.

"so say we all"

AA

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'll use it for my usual apps. Photos etc, emails as usual. The forum via iPF when the app works. Things are returning to normal, apart from parse errors in 2 very very long threads.

Think I will keep away from the emoji stuff for now, until I hear it's OK to use with no problems. The build up of the perceived problem is analogous with a clean central heating system furring up and eventually breaking down unless maintained properly. :)

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, my 9 year old daughter is using it for math practice since its probably her worst subject. Amazingly, she is improving all the time using a great math app that we installed. She doesnt even have to be told to practice - she just grabs the iPad2 and starts doing it! When is the last time kids actually practiced school work without being held at gunpoint? :D

Of course, I use it for surfing, news, gaming and various other tasks. The laptops in our house have been eerily quiet lately.... I hope they dont get jealous and refuse to boot or whatever..... hehehehhe

mrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Music...browsing..facebook...recipes through epicurious...casual gaming....email...( prefer the xoom for movies)

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
dictionary
photos
traffic updates, enabling to figure out which routes to take
taking and watching photos and videos
googling
reading
doodling
note taking
presentations
listening to music
emails
sms
games
news
flashlight, lol!

Richard Brown

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm enjoying catching up on TV programmes.

The iPlayers tend to hang etc on the Smart TV. Also ITV's player doesn't work so well on the Smart TV.

Sent from my iPad 1 using iPF - Greetings

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Same here. I've been catching up with Downton abbey on itv player and watching all the other program's I've missed on BBC, channel 4 etc...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We use the iPad to read magazines, watch videos, and shop online.

Hi PixelMags: I thought that is what I was going to use my ipad for but I have expanded to notes, books, games and the list goes on and on. Once you get hooked you can't stop. Enjoy your iPad! Patricia

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife and I think we're going to use it as Christmas presents to our children this season. 18, 14, 11.
Bad idea?

Sent from my White Verizon 32GB iPadusing iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts