What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

GoPackGo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah I'm sorta hoping the front facing camera is a little better than it seemed in the store. But you won't be hearing any complaints from me. :D

hpowders

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife just phoned me yesterday that her son bought her an iPad 2! She will use it for Facebook and email. I will try to borrow it (ha! ha!) and use it for the web, once in a while. Also, if we go away, we will take it with us.

Last edited:

PatriciaF

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the 3g wifi 64... in black. Once you start downloading apps and books etc. you will see that the bigger one is better, well at least for me since I am an appaholic.

David54Ca

iPF Noob
Reaction score
which is the iPad best to buy and use? i hope you i'll help me....thanks.

AileenFlannigan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
1. Surf the Internet
iPad is the best way to experience the web. View whole pages in portrait or landscape on the large Multi-Touch screen. And let your fingers do the surfing. You can sync your bookmarks from your Mac or PC, and add even more right from your iPad. Besides, MobileMe keeps your Safari bookmarks in sync on your iPad, iPhone, Mac, and PC — wirelessly and automatically. So no matter where you go, you’ll always have the most up-to-date information at hand.

2. E-mail
It’s ideal for checking e-mail and sending short e-mails, especially when you’re on the go. There’s nothing like the Mail app on iPad. With a split-screen view and expansive onscreen keyboard, it lets you see and touch your email in ways you never could before.

3. Recipe book
The iPad is the world’s biggest cookbook. It’s great to have in the kitchen with you when you need to follow a recipe since it takes up much less space than a laptop, especially since it sits perfectly in a cookbook stand. There are many great recipe websites, plus there are many free apps related to recipes and cooking, like epicurious.

4. Photo storage and viewing
The iPad is great for storing and viewing your photos because of the large display and the way that you can flip easily from one photo to the next, and jump between folders with ease.

5. E-reader
With the new iPad. you can access all of the books on Amazon, just like a Kindle, but the display is much bigger. You can view your book in portrait or landscape, and the way the pages flip is awesome - you flip it with your finger and it looks just like a real book.

6. Music
The big, beautiful iPad display lets you browse your music collection by song, artist, album, genre, or composer with the touch of a finger. See your music as full-size album art. Flip through all your albums and tap to choose what you want to hear. iPad makes music look as good as it sounds.

7. Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) i.e. Skype
The iPad has a speaker and built-in microphone so it’s ideal for making phone calls over the Internet, as long as you don’t mind not having the video feature.

8. Games
It’s great for playing simple little games. There are many free gaming applications for the iPad already. If you're willing to pay for games, then there are many to choose from, As a rule, I suggest that you pick games that have been developed for the iPad, not both the iPad and iPhone, because these won’t be nearly as good.

9. Movies
Great for using on airplanes or even at the gym, the iPad has a big screen and is great for watching films, especially when compared with a cell phone or an iPod.

10. Weather & News
Apart from e-mail and Internet, this is probably what the iPad is most used for at our house. There are plenty of great apps for quick news and weather reports at your fingertips, many of which you can customize to your own interests.

jncbankston

iPF Noob
Reaction score
applebro said:
I think the best usage for the Ipad is using it on a long car or plane ride. It will keep you entertained for hours with music/movies/games.

True story. This is why I'm so proud to be an iPad owner.

Sent from Scooter, my White Verizon 32GB iPad2, using iPF

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There
Has anyone worked out the best background and font colour for reading in the dark? Would you say the night reading option in white on black background was necessarily the best?
My eyes get tired much quicker and i cant quite work out which would be the kindest on your eyes.

This is not what this thread is about. Please read the title and take out your own thread so as not to hi-jack.:)

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
texting - most used
emails
office apps, including presentations
surfing
photo taking and video recording - here's a sample, started playing the piano...
reading - from books to news
watching movies
exercising my brain
straining my eyes :)

Last edited by a moderator:

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this thread made me realise having got an ipad2 i have made several full circles.

having had Psion PDA's i bought an Amstrad 'clam' portable PC, then an Amstrad 'luggable' 386. all these allowed me mobile computing, wenton to have several towers while also having PDA phones.

Laptops became more reasonable priced, so eventually i scrapped the big tower. now i'm almost at the point of dumping the laptop, which since getting the ipad2 is only used for backup and my running my small business accounts. so will likely happen when the ip5 gets on stream (not needing a pc).

but a short answer is to tap away during the soaps, annoying the heck out of the wife, we have a row then i can go into the dinning room and play my xbox 360 in peace :).

so what do i use my ipad2 for? marital STRATAGY ;)

Mimshacktee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well I use mine for mails, movies, games - particularly useful on long plane and bus rides. I follow up my podcasts on it. Definitely my main web browsing gadget. I do basic document editing on it, it's now my new alarm clock with the advent of wake n shake on the AppStore. I follow news on it, its my main devotional tool with my bibles and all,......it's more like, what don't I do with it?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts