What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

rrawb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I use my iPad for.

RSS
Email
Web browsing
Reading comics and ebooks
Remoting into home server
Blogging

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
IPF
reading ebooks, newspapers, magazines
Music, films, tv
Pocket informant for calendar/school timetable
Weather, alarm clock

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Most people use it to play games! :)
A lot of people do play games on it, but most people have a lot of other uses as well. Watching movies, reading books and magazines, surfing the net, getting email. I have a calculator app and some inventory tracking apps on mine. I rarely play games on it. I also use it for taking notes in meetings and for keeping journals of various activities.

Last edited:

Har227

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad 2 is my first iPad purchase. I am very happy with it. I use it for casual games, word processing, social networking and internet browsing.

How's the word processing working for you? I have yet to use mine to take notes but since I plan on using it for college I'd figure I would see how it has worked so far for other users in that department.

barlowbrian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have just jailbroken my ipad and the reason was that i had purchased a set of leads so that i could connect into my large screen to watch movies, sky sports etc, however you are not able too, whilst in its normal set up, now i have jailbroken the ipad, i can now mimic whats on the screen of the ipad? Which includes allowing me to watch sky sports using the same leads! And any other program on my ipad it was great! Now i will cancel my sky sports at home as the cost for the ipad is only £6 per month.

suzanne2go

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I am new to the forum, and I just got my iPad a couple weeks ago. I have found that I can do virtually everything that I can do on my laptop, on the iPad. The thing is, I can take my iPad unobtrusively. It's not like whipping out a laptop [case] and setting up.

I am looking forward to participating!

Suzanne

EDIT: LOL, I AM A iPad Noob, really!!! That's too funny

Last edited:

Fifi1992

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Reading, playing games, watching movies, videos, surfing the Internet, taking notes

Tfstairs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I stare at it a lot. I'm just in awe of it's raw power.
I really try to use it for everything. I do default to the old standby PC on occasion

William B

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but tell me

how do you quickly get movies, music on to the tablet? I hate Itunes so is buying this a real bad idea?

I stare at it a lot. I'm just in awe of it's raw power.
I really try to use it for everything. I do default to the old standby PC on occasion

jollywa

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There may be other ways, but I use iTunes. I bought a program to convert the movie downloads into a format compatible with iTunes.

iTunes makes me mad, too, but I use it nonetheless.

Most reactions

Latest posts