What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Sync With (Mac or PC)?

What do you sync (or plan to sync) your iPad with?

• Total voters

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I believe if you log into your account (the same one you are using on your iPad) in iTunes and then you sync, it instead of erasing all, it should offer to copy all your purchases to the computer. Then through various options in iTunes you should be able to basically make the iPad the master of all your media.

ravynshadow

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use a laptop running windows 7 on one hard drive and Linux on the other no problems so far.:ipad-peacock:

thesoundsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thesoundsmith.com
PC. I have 6 PCs in my studio, and one Mac. The only reason for the Mac is Digital Performer, I can't stand to work with any of the PC DAW apps, the editing sucks in comparison. I have nothing against the platform, except for error handling. When something goes wrong on my PCs (and it doesn't happen very often except on my test bed box, where I am always installing/uninstalling to test apps,) I can usually get a pretty good handle on where to start looking - hardware, software, OS, app issue, etc. On the Mac it's WTF? :confused:

Plus I have major issues with Apple's business plan, I have been burned many times by the company as they change hardware i/f options (remember the ADB port? I've got $3000 worth of peripherals in the dumpster because of that one, so I do all my photo and video editing on the PCs now...)

I buy these boxes as tools. Not general purpose machines, because Jobs has deliberately crippled them. I expect no more than what is in the box when I buy it, but even there I have been burned (I have several mics for the Touch that worked great until they were shut off with no warning by an OS upgrade. How long before they find a way to cripple the USB port adapter? After all, several companies sell high-quality, near-pro-grade USB mics, allowing them to make a profit on an Apple device, and we know that just makes Stevie furious...

But at least with the official Apple Camera Connection Kit I can record on my Zoom onto SD card and import that way - they did specify it would read photos and video from SD cards, but they did not state it could recognize general data. Still no storage per se.)

Wolffmann34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PC. I have 6 PCs in my studio, and one Mac. The only reason for the Mac is Digital Performer, I can't stand to work with any of the PC DAW apps, the editing sucks in comparison. I have nothing against the platform, except for error handling. When something goes wrong on my PCs (and it doesn't happen very often except on my test bed box, where I am always installing/uninstalling to test apps,) I can usually get a pretty good handle on where to start looking - hardware, software, OS, app issue, etc. On the Mac it's WTF? :confused:

Plus I have major issues with Apple's business plan, I have been burned many times by the company as they change hardware i/f options (remember the ADB port? I've got $3000 worth of peripherals in the dumpster because of that one, so I do all my photo and video editing on the PCs now...)

I buy these boxes as tools. Not general purpose machines, because Jobs has deliberately crippled them. I expect no more than what is in the box when I buy it, but even there I have been burned (I have several mics for the Touch that worked great until they were shut off with no warning by an OS upgrade. How long before they find a way to cripple the USB port adapter? After all, several companies sell high-quality, near-pro-grade USB mics, allowing them to make a profit on an Apple device, and we know that just makes Stevie furious...

But at least with the official Apple Camera Connection Kit I can record on my Zoom onto SD card and import that way - they did specify it would read photos and video from SD cards, but they did not state it could recognize general data. Still no storage per se.)

And I thought it was bad when I bought my Power PC powered Mac Book because it was x times faster than Intel, and a week later they came out with Intel powered Mac Books that were X times faster than the Power PC processor - which time were they lying?

phenixagom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Macs are PCs. This really needs to be changed to if you sync with OS X or Windows. PC means personal computer. It can have OS X, Windows, UNIX, Linux, OS/2, etc...installed.

phenixagom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use my PC - someday, when I win the lottery, I will get a MAC. I think I would love one.

Chiky

Man, all in all, Windows is leaps ahead of OS X. The OS side of OS X is slower in productivity with the UI compared to Windows. I still run OS X for other reasons but I miss a lot that Windows does that OS X doesn't.

Most reactions