What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What Do You Sync With (Mac or PC)?

What do you sync (or plan to sync) your iPad with?

• Total voters

write-stuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.richarddawkins.net
I tried syncing to my Windows laptop using iTunes. It refuses to back up my apps since they aren't supported by windows. I'm hoping I'm just doing it wrong. Any suggestions?

Takenover83

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, it has to be something you are doing wrong. I sync just fine on Windows 7 x64, with no problems with my Apps.

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
write-stuff said:
I tried syncing to my Windows laptop using iTunes. It refuses to back up my apps since they aren't supported by windows. I'm hoping I'm just doing it wrong. Any suggestions?

It is your set up as all apps are 100%
supported using iTunes on a pc.

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com

That makes no sense at all. What is the error message?

When your iPad is plugged in, go to the app tab for it (not the main app tab). Make sure sync apps is checked....or that selected apps is checked and you have the apps checked you want to sync....

steph

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.TechSidebar.com
PC but I want to sync with Mac

I got rid of my MacBook Pro about 8 months ago and bought a new HP 17.3" quad core laptop but now I'd like to get rid of the HP and go back to a Mac. I'd really like to go to an iMac. I've used iMacs before and they are really nice systems. Now that my iPad is scheduled to arrive next Wednesday (May 26th), I'm thinking about putting my HP laptop on Craigslist for trade for a reasonably new iMac. If you have really nice Apple toys, you should run them on a Mac so you can get all the functionality out of them.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The last Mac I had was an SE/30. Never looked back. I do have to support the macs at the office on occasion.

GeeWillikers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
PC for a whole bunch of reasons, not the least of which is CHOICE.

Love Macs though - there might be one in my future in ADDITION to my PC, not in place of it.

candafilm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both, but I'll sync with my Macbook Pro. I use Final Cut Studio and I have consoles for gaming so I use my Mac much more.

Most reactions

Latest posts