What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you love about the iapd compared to other brands?

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WHat i love is the fluidity of use of the iPad, the retina display and the Apps exclusively for iPad

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I like the fact that if I have problems I can just take the unit in to an Apple store and get them addressed. Try that feat with any other company.

OP
R

rockman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Haha. Your right about that! apple replace the whole unit if found defective with minimal questions asked.

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad1, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the New Ipad. I wanted to love the Tab, really really did but it seems that the iPad is easier to use, offers so many apps that make my iPad a great asset to me for work and play, doesn't seems to have as much lag and issues when using it compared to my Tab, battery on my iPads seem better than the Tab.

I find that I was picking up my Tab (pre New iPad) and telling myself that I was going to make it work for me and then I would find that I would put the Tab down and grab my iPad1 bc I was hitting a wall or frustrated moment with the Tab. I work from home a lot, have an office at work and travel a lot and the iPad just seems to make the transitions well (or a lot easier than the Tab). It's my go-to device and I actually haven't touched my tab for weeks.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j joy j said:
I have an iPad1, Galaxy Tab 10.1 and the New Ipad. I wanted to love the Tab, really really did but it seems that the iPad is easier to use, offers so many apps that make my iPad a great asset to me for work and play, doesn't seems to have as much lag and issues when using it compared to my Tab, battery on my iPads seem better than the Tab.

I find that I was picking up my Tab (pre New iPad) and telling myself that I was going to make it work for me and then I would find that I would put the Tab down and grab my iPad1 bc I was hitting a wall or frustrated moment with the Tab. I work from home a lot, have an office at work and travel a lot and the iPad just seems to make the transitions well (or a lot easier than the Tab). It's my go-to device and I actually haven't touched my tab for weeks.

Want to sell your Tab? Seems as if there are many different version of it.....hard time keeping up.

dhevans_6

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The fact it doesn't randomly reboot itself..

I love my sgs 2 but since upgrading only to android 2.3.4 it's taken to rebooting itself for no good reason most days...

The iPad home screen is in the dark ages compared to the widgets on an android tablet, but it's so much more stable, and photography just seems better supported.

I've watched two friends with two different android tabs either outright fail to upload their photos from their camera to their tab or have to shoot RAW +jpeg cause the tab won't read RAW files... I know android app devs are getting there, but having the ability to natively view them is a killer feature for me...

tazz3

iPF Novice
Reaction score
i like the ipad because its easy to use and it has the most apps and apple is strict on its apps .and you dont have to rebbot it and do a factory reset to make it run good. i went to best buy today and i played with the new ipad for like a half hour its much faster then the ipad 2

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I love iPad's battery life, one of my top priorities in mobile devices. (Anytime I have to plug in and charge a device, it's not mobile, lol.) I use iPad 1 and 2 interchangeably, so I always have one charged up.

My Samsung Galaxy Note 5" phablet goes through battery life much quicker, because it's on 4G and its battery's smaller size means less battery life as well. It's a tradeoff for form factor and speed over my iPads. The advantage with my Note: I can easily pop out the battery and sub it out. I've ordered a spare.

My Kindle Fire has less battery life and no 3G/4G. Another tradeoff of form factor over battery life. The Fire isn't yet sold with any 3G or 4G function. Fire also lacks Bluetooth, a feature that I like in all mobile devices.

No tablet does everything I want yet.

taddle

iPF Noob
Reaction score
England, United Kingdom, the Northern Hemisphere,
I love the iPad more than android tablets for these reasons (I haven't even got one yet, but getting one soon!) * You don't have to turn off wi-fi to get a day of use from it, every android I have come across chews up battery when wi-fi is on, even when inactive * iTunes. So simple to use. Must I say anymore? * Design. I hate a lot of the android tablets because they're ugly or made out of really cheap materials. I want to be seen with a nice looking device, not a round brick! * iOS. Some people hate the restrictions. I love them. I love them because I know I don't need an anti-virus. iOS has all the features I need in my daily life, check emails, youtube, this forum, other forums, the only thing missing is soundhound which I can download * The weather app, as much as sliding to another home screen with the background with weather is nice on androids, it's too long winded to get an actual forecast from it, on the iPad, I tap an app, it tells me the info I need in one screen. I say about weather because it just started raining * The app store. I can tap on it, and navigate freely, unlike on play, what's with those ugly rectangles, google? They look like windows 8, ugly, hard to navigate. I could continue, but I'm busy. I need to do something in the next year. * Simplicity.

Most reactions

Latest posts